❛ 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ❜ | 𝑨𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙬

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Andrew DeLuca x reader ♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: none
- 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥

Today has already been enough stressful, the last thing you needed was facing another unbearable evening, like all the ones you and Andrew spent lately. Sometimes it was stupid shit over stupid little things and other times it was just unspoken tension.

Anyways you found yourself spending the rest of the evening alone since Andrew didn't come back, after dinner you watched some tv shows laying on the couch, waiting for him. It was about some hours later when you heard the door open and turned around to see Andrew walking in.

"Hey" you got up. "Late shift I see" you said looking at him.

"Well the shift didn't end very late, I've been at Joe's" he replied, taking off his jacket.

"Oh... You could have warned me" you did your best to hide the disappointment in your voice.

"I'm an adult, do I need your permission to go outside?" he asked walking past you completely neutral and sitting on the couch. You sighed at his words, when he talked to you like that he hurted you more than he actually could imagine.

"No, I'm just saying that you could have let me know that you wouldn't have come back" you then said. "I also left you something to eat for dinner"

"I'm not hungry, I've already eaten thanks" you walked towards the couch to sit as well, not very close to him.

"Ok. Difficult day?" you then asked looking at him noticing he looked pretty tired.

"Not really, I had worse days" he kept avoiding your gaze as he spoke. "But I met someone, that's why I was late"

"Good" actually it wasn't good. But at least he didn't bring anyone home not letting you sleeping the whole night. "But you know you can talk to me too when you have bad days.." you added as he only looked for comfort in other people lately. Girls.

"I'm not saying anything about all the times you did the same" his tone was really cold while he was pronouncing these words. You rolled your eyes as he was starting to get on your nerves again.

"Andrew, I'm just trying to have a normal conversation, what's wrong with you?" he finally turned around to look at you.

"With me? He raised his eyebrows. "You may not realize it, but you're the one trying to control everything I do, Y/n"

"Oh God" you sighed as you left yourself fall behind against the back of the sofa. It was happening again. And it was harder forcing this everytime with a person that you cared a lot and actually liked so much. "Not today please" you whispered.

"You started it"

"Ok, will it end like this every time we talk to each other?" You got up, standing right in front of him.

"Seems like you want to, you know, no one is forcing you to stay here and talk to me, you can just go and talk to some other guy if it makes you feel better" he got up as well as he said that phrase so easily.  "I think Avery would be happy to spend some time with you" you looked at him in silence, the fact he kept talking about this topic annoyed you more, he's been doing the same.

"Oh yeah you what? I will also invite him here if I want to, maybe one of these days for dinner" You said sounding completely confident. Yeah, you were starting to get closer with Jackson, you dated just twice and for you had been amazing spending some good time during this period. Maybe Andrew's behavior pushed you to do it, like him, but it was all so confusing that neither of you would get out of it.

"Fine, I couldn't care less as I'll just spend my time anyone else who isn't my boss" he replied.

"Said the one who's been fucking the head of cardio during his whole internship" he let out a chuckle as this wasn't having any effect on him.

"If you wanna talk about the past good, but you should focus on what's going on now" he looked at you this time. "Which is that I would prefer staying with anyone else right now than here listening to you" You knew he had a few drinks and was tired, so you decided to end it before his words would have hit you harder than they already were.

You looked away and went to your room, you could feel his gaze on you as you walked away, but he didn't say anything else to try to stop you. He's always been your favourite person, your safe place, but now it was something you hated and it made you feel so bad.

The next morning you woke up very earlier than usual, you had the morning shift but decide to get up before Andrew and have a walk going to the hospital. You didn't want to see him now and preferred to get some air. The city in the early morning it's something that hits different. After you took some time for yourself you arrived to the hospital and put on your scrubs. Some of your friends noticed that there was something wrong in your mood, but you just denied it and continued to focus on your work, then you found out that you and DeLuca were both assigned on Dr. Robbin's service.

"Amazing" you muttered to yourself in a sarcastic tone before walking in the patient's room where Andrew and Arizona were already waiting. You could feel his eyes on you for almost the whole time, this killed you. Before surgery you and him were alone scrubbing in together, the longest 5 minutes you've ever spent. Sometimes it seemed like he wanted to say something and break that silence, but nothing happened and the desire to disappear when he was around you increased more. You've been studying for this surgery a lot and you wouldn't have let distract yourself by worrying what was going on Andrew's mind everytime he looked at you. At least not now.

Time flew and you made it, luckily both of you stayed professional. You weren't sure if you now were ready to talk to him, but you haven't seen him anywhere after the surgery finished.

When you finally left to go home your attention had been caught by the sound of a horn, you looked up and noticed Andrew's car parked not very far from you. It was evening and you were too tired to walk home, that's why you decided to go to him and got into the car.

"Before you say anything, just caus-" you've been cut off by him kissing you, he grabbed your neck softly, closer to him and pressed his lips on yours in an intense kiss. When he pulled away a little smile lit up your face without you even realizing it.

"I'm sorry" he whispered. "I gave my worst all this time and I've been feeling like shit, you're the best thing that I got and I've just rejected you... really I'm so sorry, it's not true that I would prefer you to leave or spend time with someone else, I would do anything to have you with me" hearing these words made you feel the best ever, you've always felt the same about him. You smiled at him and he couldn't help to do the same. "Even if it's been all so stupid and confusing and well we acted like two babies sometimes.." you both chuckled softly. "I didn't want anything or anyone else, I just want you" his eyes softened and you smiled more.

"Fuck, you have no idea how much I've wanted to hear it from you all this time" you approached to kiss him again. "And yeah I want you too" you whispered in the kiss.

"Uh huh, fine, now stop talking" he smiled and kissed you back as intensly as before, his hand through your hair.
Finally all your days and evenings will be definitely so much better from now.