16

Wanna meet your jiju?

Then listen to the song above🙈🤧.

60+ votes and 645 followers to unlock the next chapter.

It was after 10 o'clock at night. The Virk family was sitting in their living room enjoying time together with their new family member and savoring delicious sweet and chilled almond milk after a satisfying dinner.

They were chatting casually and Jaskirat was teasing the new couples as usual. The brothers were arguing playfully and Guntaaz's carefree and happy and joyful nature made Savreen smile. She felt really good seeing her new family enjoying themselves and joking around. Savreen was surprised to see everyone helping each other during dinner and even cleaning up the dishes and kitchen afterward.

Thinking this she went to flashback of two hours ago.

She wanted to help too but her new parents didn't allow her because she's a new bride. In Punjabi tradition brides don't do chores until the henna on their hands fades. They also didn't let Guntaaz work because they believed the newly married couple should spend time together.

Since nobody allowed the newly married couple to help with chores, Guntaaz decided to take Savreen for a walk. They strolled around the neighborhood and Guntaaz showed her all the parks and nearby places in the colony they resides.

"It seems very peaceful and serene"She muttered looking at the Greenery.

"Hnn" he agrees.

Walking with hands in hands,they came back and set on a bench in a park which was just parallel to their home.

"Ghar sohna lagda"Savreen mutters looking at the glory of their home.
(The home looks so beautiful).

"Bade hi chawan-reejan nal banaya"He replies with a proud smile grazing his lips.
(We made it with great care and attention).

After this a comfortable silence broke between them.

"Chaliye"Guntaaz asked looking at his wrist watch.
(Should we go?)

She nodded.

He extended his muscular veiny rough hand,Savreen placed her chubby yet somewhat rough hands in his.

They went inside and had their dinner with healthy yet teasing conversations.

"Ki soch rhe ho Phabhi?"Jaskirat asked loudly making Savreen snapped out of her thoughts and other family members including Guntaaz's attention was on her.
(What are you thinking Phabhi?)

"No-nothing"She replied shaking her head coming out of the flashback.

"Savreen putt thak gai honi rest karlo jaake"Her mother-in-law softly said looking at her face which looked lost.
(You are tired beta get some rest).