chapter nine.

Taehyung did not come back.

The omega waited for him the whole day.

There was no sight of the alpha coming through the door, making Jungkook huff in irritation. He kept his eyes glued there, hoping for a movement or a sign.

His stomach is growling in hunger already. Should he wait for the alpha or just order food? It's already five thirty pm and the last time he ate was six hours ago.

A sound of notification from heard echoed in the room and he hurriedly grabs and opens it.

He sees a bunch of text messages from an unknown number. His doe eyes squinted.

Unknown:

Baby.

Jungkook dramatically gasps. He automatically knows who it is.

Unknown:

It's me. I can't come home today. Hyuji is sick. I've already ordered food for you and it should be arriving there by now.

Unknown:

You should eat a lot alright? I'll be back tomorrow. We'll see each other at uni.

Jungkook's shoulders slumped and sighs after reading the text.

He wants to tell Taehyung that he needs the alpha here right now but they're still not that close and he's still shy. He doesn't want to sound demanding.

Jungkook:

It's okay hyungie. I understand! I hope hyuji hyungie is okay :(((

Not even a minute later, a new message pops up.

Taehyung:

Are you mad at me baby?

Taehyung:

I can leave here and go to you. Hyuji's fever is not that serious.

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock. No, no, Taehyung shouldn't do that!

Jungkook:

No hyungie! You shouldn't leave hyuji hyung! I can handle myself alone here ><

Jungkook wants to smack his cousin on the head.

Taehyung is willing to leave his sick boyfriend alone because of Jungkook? The omega won't allow that!

Jungkook:

Take care of hyuji hyung, hyungie. Don't leave him, he needs you ! And I'm not mad.

The omega jumps a little at how fast Taehyung replies.

Taehyung:

All right.

Taehyung:

Just know that I won't hesitate to be there immediately if you ever ask for me.

Jungkook suddenly feels warmth spreading all over his chest as he reads the message.

He's still not used to Taehyung being so sweet to him! If this is a dream then this is a kind of dream he doesn't want to wake up forever.

The omega's brain suddenly reminded him of Taehyung's instagram post and he hurriedly typed out a reply.

But he then halts. He should ask the alpha about it in person. Because there's a possibility that the alpha may avoid answering it in text.

Jungkook gulps, staring at the messages. He could still feel the warmth running through his veins as he reads Taehyung's texts.

"Whatever... I'll ask him about it tomorrow then." The doe eyed shrugs.