chapter twenty.

In almost nineteen years of Jungkook's life on this earth, he knew he had the easiest life.

Life has always been predictable, easy and comfortable for him. His parents were there for him, supported him, took care of him and treated him so well that he was raised with good morals and a kind heart.

He never had to suffer or struggle to climb up the stairs just to reach the top. He was already there, with a big silver spoon and a golden plate in his hands. Luxury served itself on him, providing him the easiest route to achieve his dreams.

But then again, life can also be considered as a wheel. It's full of unexpected turns.

He thought his life would be cliche like the ones he sees in movies and dramas.

Study, graduate and get a job. The usual cliche route. They say that would be the best way to secure your future.

He didn't expect that he would have to throw away some of his morals when his heart started to beat for that someone.

Someone who is forbidden for him.

Someone who carries the same blood on his veins. Someone whom he shouldn't even have thought of in a different forbidden way.

They were in the same family tree together. Born and raised to see each other as a family. There's a reason why the moon goddess had put them in that way.

But as the saying goes, the heart truly wants what it wants.

And it wants Taehyung.

His cousin.

"Taehyung's gonna be okay. I think the swimming team won't be affected. However," Seokjin explains, rubbing his palm on his forehead. "I hope he's not gonna be temporarily banned from football. He really worked hard for his captain position."

Jungkook bit his lower lip in anxiety. He's been restless ever since. It's only been an hour and he hasn't seen Taehyung ever since. He's worried for the alpha.

He can't help but to think all of this is his fault.

"I heard Jihoon won't be temporarily banned. He'd still stay on the football team though. I mean, he was the one who got attacked. He is the victim here." Namjoon says while crossing both of his arms.

All of them are patiently waiting outside of the Dean's room. Jihoon had already gone home and now it's Taehyung's turn. It's been almost thirty minutes.

Jungkook keeps glancing back on his phone, the time is getting slower. He wants to see Taehyung immediately.

The door of the dean's office finally opened and all of them stood up from their chairs in anticipation.

Jungkook sees Taehyung coming out. A blank face plastered on the alpha's face. He looked unbothered.

His breath hitched when their eyes met.

The dean, Mr Lee, came out of the door behind Taehyung and faced all of them. "I see all of you are still here."

"Sir, is Taehyung?" Seokjin asks worriedly.

The dean lets out a heavy sigh. "I'm deeply sorry to announce that Taehyung will be temporarily suspended from the football team. He can play next season but this upcoming Sportfest, he would only need to focus more on the swimming team. I don't care if he's a Kim. We don't tolerate such behaviors inside our campus. Now if you'll excuse me."

Mr Lee quickly came inside and shut the door.

Jungkook's throat suddenly went dry. Taehyung's face remained blank, still staring at him.