chapter eighteen.

Jungkook accelerated his steps, eager to get away from Taehyung who's following him from behind.

His whole body is slightly shaking. He's getting overwhelmed again. Taehyung can't just utter those kinds of words so casually. The alpha's love for him is making him so scared.

He almost tripped while holding the huge bouquet of flowers in his hands but luckily Taehyung was quick to catch his wrist.

"Jungkook," Taehyung calls. "You're going the wrong way, this way, bun."

He had no time to protest. The alpha had already dragged him towards the familiar Chevrolet Corvette.

"Hop in."

Jungkook stood there, staying still. He does not want to go inside. Especially alone with the alpha.

Taehyung sighs. "Baby, get inside."

Still, Jungkook stubbornly stood there, not moving an inch.

"No. Don't want."

Taehyung chuckles, amused. "Will you go inside or I'll kiss you on the lips?"

This made the omega hurriedly go inside the car, heart beating so fast. Taehyung's words never fail to make him nervous.

The alpha also hurriedly came to the other side and opened the door in the driver's seat.

"Jungkook, give me that."

"Huh?"

"The flowers."

Jungkook looks at it. Daisies. He clearly remembers he told Jihoon that his favorite was Sunflower. That alpha must've forgotten or he wasn't actually attentive to Jungkook.

Still, he doesn't want to let go of it. They look so pretty in his hands.

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"Jungkook, I know those flowers aren't your favorite. Instead, sunflowers are your favorite."

The omega was surprised. "How did you—"

"Childhood. I have loved you since we were kids, baby. You think I wont know your favorites?"

That made Jungkook shut up and look away, biting his lower lip to stop the strange feelings crawling up in his stomach.

He still couldn't face the fact that Taehyung loves him in that way.

He hears the alpha heave out a sigh again before the flowers are snatched away from him. A gasp escaped from his lips.

Taehyung threw the flowers into the trunk of his car. He was quick with it before he finally entered inside and slammed the door shut.

Jungkook avoided his eyes and stared at the window instead. The masculine scent is lingering all over the car, making him squirm and dig his nails onto the seat.

"Eat these. These are your favorites. Fried chicken and fries." Taehyung says and starts the engine.

"No need, hyung. I'll just eat it there when we arrive."

Taehyung glances at the omega. There is melancholy dancing in his eyes. His chest tightened at the fact that Jungkook is now treating him differently.

The thick air of silence hung heavily between them. The ride was quiet. Taehyung keeps stealing glances at the omega from time to time. The younger one is still gazing outside of the window.

Unbeknownst to Taehyung, Jungkook is in heavy turmoil.

He can't help but to overthink who Sienna is, what their relationship was, and how they know each other. Why does the omega keep touching Taehyung like that?