AA V2 Assiaya, Chapter 8

"To Major General Harris, Space Command, I am here to report that we have secured the City-State of Salva. Minutemen and the 5th Ranger Battalion have established operational capabilities within the city. The city militia is reoccupying their formal position and giving our troops a rundown on the city layout and defensive positions.

The city is in terrible shape from the First and Second Sieges of Salva. I have requested an order for Army and Space Force engineers to rebuild the city defenses. I understand Major General Taylor Webster has asked for additional supplies for the northern flank; however, my phantom drones have found the remains of the enemy forces routed from the recent battle. They have established a containment zone in the East, taking out my recon drones. This proves that the enemy is regrouping, and we have a limited time to request priority on rebuilding critical infrastructure within the city of Salve.

As of now, I have deployed three Combat Fire Teams to the nearby villages. However, the enemy took one of my captains during one of these missions. Based on Warrant Officer-1 Rommel King, Second-in-Command of CFT-1 "Comanche" believed it was targetted by an enemy Special Forces unit. The current theory is that the enemy recognized the Captain of that CFT from first contact on Earth and during the Second Battle of Indolass.

Three Minutemen teams are conducting a deep penetration recon mission to find and secure Captain Ryder. The British have offered assistance, and one of their teams, "Redcoats," has been attached to the operation. If my teams bear fruit, I have already requested a battalion with the 4th Ivy Headquarters. However, I have given them orders that if they cannot rescue the Captain or find where he is taken for future operational attempts, they fall back within 72 Zulu hours." - Minutemen Colonel Willam Hackett, Slava Palace

March, 11th, 2068 (Military Calendar)

Fortress city of Forlace, Verliance Aristocracy

Nevali Region, Aldrida, Alagore

*****

Seeing the metal door of the Royal Armory, Assiaya slammed into it as she struggled to slow herself down. Reaching into the upper part of her dress, she pulled out a key, unlocked the armory door, and opened it. Once inside, she slammed the door shut and locked the door.

She stepped back and watched the handle turn, knowing it was her Master, Kallem. Knowing that would only buy her a few minutes, she panicked and scanned the room until she saw the hanging light chain. Seeing it, she pulled it, and the lights turned on.

A light green glow from the ring of crystal bulbs illuminated the room. What she saw was Kallem's armory. Weapons, armor, and equipment filled the room for her Master and his guard. All the magitech equipment and weapons glowed brightly, but when she found the Altaerrie gear, none of it glowed—as if none of it was influenced by magic.

Seeing all the glowing blue-white of raw mana brightness from the equipment gave Assiaya a headache. She closed her eyes and looked away. Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes, and everything in the room looked lifeless as the brightness faded, only emitting a slight glow.

Hearing a mighty bang against the armory door, Assiaya knew Kallem was about to burst through. She rushed toward the Altaerrie table and stared at the items there.