66 - Left Behind (3,2 k words)

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Double update,yay! Don't forget to leave a vote on the previous chapter please, thanks! 🙏🏼😊

╚═════════════════

Curtis's POV

"Who is this four-stripped rootless, female?" the scorpion asked, pointing at Bart curiously.

"My male," Yaya answered casually, causing Bart to choke on his saliva, "I removed his spousal imprint out of boredom, but as you can see, he still decided to stick with me," she said, causing Bart to choke again.

"You really have no shame, female," the scorpion shook his head in disapproval, "I pity that fool, not for real but for the sake of being polite, you know. Are you going to tell me what you plan on doing with me now that you have captured me?"

"Since you won't be leaving your spousal imprint on me? Nothing much. Maybe a new punching bag? I can't see any other use for you," she sat on a clean stone, crossing her legs.

"How rude. I can be useful in many things, female," the scorpion harrumphed, circling around us with his arms behind his back, "But I have no interest in assisting foul of a female such as yourself. You have nothing that can persuade me."

Bart coughed again and continued his job. He gave me a small knowing look before focusing back on his work. I've been in contact with Muir through the snakes I controlled, so when he told me she took in Bart, it wasn't difficult to guess who Bartroll was.

· · ─────── · ⊱❈⊰· ─────── · ·

I think Yaya lost interest in conversing with the scorpion because she kept glancing at me.

"Is something the matter, Sweetheart?" I asked.

She shook her head, but kept staring at me, "Do you still want to kiss me after what I've done?"

Was she talking about the pill?

"Of course," I nodded, leaning forward to place a kiss on her lips through the veil. I felt something hard separating me from her lips, and remembered the mask she wore to protect herself from the scorpion gas.

"That was disgusting," the scorpion's voice snapped me out of the spell.

I hissed against her lips. I would have lunged at the scorpion and strangled him to death already, but it's her gift, and I promised only to attack if he attacked me first, so I can only hold myself back.

"What? It is. You are kissing a blood soaked, maniacal, insane, filthy, crazy, violent, evil female. How can anyone not find that disgusting?" the scorpion shrugged, "Just stating facts, don't take it personally."

"Did we take in a scorpion or a parrot?" Muir mumbled, rubbing his temple.

"I can hear you, fool," the scorpion said, turning his tail on Muir. A hint of surprise appeared on his face as he noticed the four stripes on the bird's face.

"Sorry? Did I sound like I was speaking about you?" Muir looked around, watching Bart clean up the remains of the bloodbath, "That's strange, I can't recall ever saying your name."

"It was implied," the scorpion's voice dripped with disdain, "Do you think I am stupid?"

"I never thought of you as anything," Muir responded coldly, his gaze turning gentle as soon as it landed on Yaya.

Skaris yawned as he stretched his limbs, "Did you have fun without us, Dear?"

She didn't reply, but the scorpion did.