Chapter 41

I walked into Neluca's office, and I could feel my blood start to boil at the mere sight of The piece of shit that sat before me.
"Christoph." He smiled, rising to his feet stretching his arms our as if he were greeting an old friend.
"Dante, he's already upset as you can see, don't provoke him some more." Neluca spoke from his seat, lighting a cigar.

I should have known something was going to happen when I got the news of these two. Dante must be involved in my daughter's kidnapping.
"I've been waiting for you." He stood, blowing a cloud of smoke from his mouth. "Do you have my daughter?"
I glanced at Dante and his eyes immediately drifted from mine.
"Your daughter?" I arched an eyebrow, my eyes fixated on the wretched excuse of a man standing before me.
"Yes." He uttered.

Silence lingered in the air for a moment, "Enzo?"
I turned my attention to Neluca. "I don't have what you're asking for, name your price and I'll give you anything."

I saw what I needed to, I'm glad I found Dante there, my theories ended up being right.

I went to the penthouse Leilani was at.
"Where did you go Lucciano?" Her frail figure stood before me. I wrapped my arm around her and walked to the sofa, sitting her down.
"I had some work."
"And Allegra?"
"Dante isn't your father." Her eyes fixated on me.
"Yes, after all he's done to me_"
"I mean Dante isn't your biological father."
"Wh-what do you mean?" She grabbed my hands, "how?"
I didn't know how to present the answers to her.
I knew what I had to do but part of me was hesitant.
"Get dressed Kaele." I pulled away, leaving her.

After a silent drive that seemed to last forever, we pulled up to the mafia base.
I walked towards the torture chambers, chains rang in the depths of each room, muffled screams like music to my ears.
Her arms snaked around my arm. I glanced down at her, consumed by fear she seemed to be. I pulled her hands away, handing her over to my men, "deal with her."
"Christoph?" She yelped.
I walked into one of the rooms and got to work.

I adjusted the cufflinks to my new suit jacket, I had to change as the previous one wasn't in wearable condition.
"What do you think you're doing?" Demetrio braged into my office.
"Meaning?"
"Leilani, what the fuck is she doing here? That too in those rooms?"
"She's waiting?"
"For what?" I slipped on my watch. In Silence. "Sometimes I don't fucking understand you_"
"_its for her own fucking good!"
"You're destroying her."
"That's what they plan to do."

The sound echoed across the room when I closed the door. I looked around at it's emptiness only to be stopped by her figure in the corner of the room. Her face buried in her knees.

I walked over to her, "Kaele?" I let out before reaching out to her.
"Don't touch me!" She pushed me away creating some distance between us .
"Leilani." I let out calmly.
"Why are you doing this to me? Why do you keep hurting me?"
"Kaele."
"Everytime you call by my last name, I'm... I feel estranged to you."
"Leilani." I said realizing her words to be true. "Leilani, I don't have time for games."
"You call these games?" She backed away as I approach her. "You're a deranged psychopath! You're crazy!"

"You think I want to do this?!" I grabbed her. "You think hurting you makes me happy?" I shook her.
"Perhaps it does." She spat.

I threw her over my shoulder, and carried her to the car. I secured her in place as she fought my attempts, my eyes met her fearful eyes.
I don't want to do this, trust me.

We reached our destination and for some reason she didn't retort or resist in any way.
She walked with me in silence.

I opened the door and let her go through.
My eyes examining all the men present in the room.
I didn't do enough.
Leilani looked back at me as she walked in and I followed behind her.
She recognized only one man and her eyes never left him.
"Here she is." She took a few steps behind standing closer to me.
The whole room was silent, Neluca seemed frozen in his seat. His countenance, body language, I have never seen him like that.

Dante rose to his feet and Leilani immediately held me. Her nails dug into my suit jacket, had I let her hold on for longer she would have reached my skin.
I pulled her hand away, letting it fall.
"Let's get this over with." I said.
"Give her to me." Dante came forth, reaching out to Leilani.
I pulled her away and stood her behind me.
Fucking creep.
"First my daughter."

Leilani's POV

"You're a deranged psychopath! You're crazy!" I screamed when he grabbed me.
"You think I want to do this?!" I resisted trying my best to pull away. "You think hurting you makes me happy?" He shook me violently.
"Perhaps it does ."

I resist but he over powers me and throws me over his shoulder.
"..."
Damn him.
He forces me into the car and secures me in place, his eyes meet mine and I swear I see the man I fell in love with. Sincerity lingered in his eyes despite his actions. My body eased up.

We got to some place similar to Lucciano's mafia base. People stared at us as we walked past them, I wanted nothing more than to just hold on to him tightly but I knew he would pull my hands away.
After what seemed like years in a lift we stood before a door, Lucciano pushed it open, I looked back at him before I focused on who was in the room.
I walked in and my eyes immediately landed on Dante, my_
"Dante isn't your biological father"
Those words never left my mind.
"Here she is." Lucciano's voice snapped me back to reality.
Dante rose to his feet and I immediately felt the need to hide, I didn't feel safe.
I grabbed Lucciano's arm tightly hoping to signal to him that I didn't want to be here.
His response broke my heart.
He forcefully ripped my hand from his arm, I felt like he left me to fend for myself in a land of hungry wolves.
"Let's get this over with."

"Give her to me." Dante came forth and Lucciano grabbed my hand pulling me behind him.
"First my daughter?"