Sick (pt.2)

Macaque cooked wukong some food and gave it to him at the couch,making sure he didn't spill any of it.
"So...what are we going to do for an entire day?"
The both stayed quiet as they collectively tried to come up with something.

Suddenly, Wukong came up with an idea
"I know! Do you still draw?" Macaque,skeptical as to what the monkey in the couch was getting at decided to nod slowly
"Then it's decided" Wukong continued eating his food as a confused macaque waited for a further explanation.

"What's decided?" He asked as Wukong finished the meal."come here,I'll show you" macaque doubted the monkey king's plan,but he thought it was better to go through with it instead of them ending up fighting.

Macaque sat next to Wukong on the couch,Wukong pulled something from the side of the couch,it seemed like a big canvas. "We can paint something!" The monkey king flashed a smile, something about that smile made macaque nervous.It was as if wukong was a completely different version of himself,or Atleast that's what macaque thought

"We can't paint in the same canvas,how do you plan on us doing so?" Macaque criticized with a smirk,hiding his nervousness towards the unknown interaction.

"Well,that's the fun part! Well each draw the sketch together,and then we'll both paint in our own styles!" Macaque, once again,felt a shiver from the way Wukong was treating him.It felt familiar,but it didn't exactly feel good.

"Well...I guess that's an interesting idea" Macaque agrees and looks around,there want exactly anything to put the canvas on,he knew that Wukong had an easel somewhere,that is if he kept it after those years they were apart.

"Don't you have an easel somewhere?" Macaque asked Wukong,who seemed to realize the absence of a place to put the canvas "oh yeah,I think I have one back at the temple..." Wukong went silent at the end of his sentence as he remembered the events that happened back there.

"Well,I can go get it if we're actually going through this" macaque noticed Wukong's expression and decided to distract him from those memories "oh,yeah! I'd go with you but...Y'know..." Wukong rubbed the back of his head as he awkwardly pointed at his legs, which at the moment,felt like fucking noodles.

"Alright,I'll go for it" macaque opened a portal and arrived right into the room with all of monkey king's "treasures"

"This is going to take longer than I expected..."

Hours later, macaque had not returned yet,Wukong had already done everything there was to do while sitting on the couch.He started to get bored and impatient,normally he would have no issues waiting for anyone,especially if he was tired. But for some reason the thought of anybody being at that treasure room made him anxious...What if he got hurt? Or he touched the wrong thing on accident and he's in some sort of inter dimensional prison?

The thoughts of why macaque was taking so long filled Wukong's head and after a while he got sick of waiting.wukong summoned his cloud and rolled onto it to depart towards the temple,on the way there,he felt sick and dizzy,this sickness was really affecting him.Headaches were not really an issue though,he had grown used to them anyways .

He arrived and although he felt like he had to puke he took a deep breath and entered with the help of his cloud.
"Macaque? It's been hours,where are you?"
There was no answer, so before he started panicking he exclaimed incessantly again "Mac, I'm not getting up to look for you!" His panic started to seep through his words,his voice shaky as he looked around,scanning the mountains of treasure around the temple.

"Macaque, where the hell are you?..." his voice lowered and cracked.his body began to shake with uncertainty.

"I'm here" macaque's voice rose from the silence,Wukong couldn't help but feel an intense wave of relief,the calm washing over him almost gave him enough peace to fall asleep.

"Why are you taking so long?" Wukong approached the source of the noise as he finally caught a glance of the black haired monkey. "I don't know if you've noticed,but it isn't exactly easy to find one thing amongst a couple million other things Wukong" macaque answered as he rummaged through more of the treasures "I thought you'd be faster,you know, with you being so darn organized and 'clever' " Wukong teasingly asked as he watched macaque from above.

Macaque ignores wukong and continues looking for the easel,which was probably not even in the same room as them.The probability of it still being intact after everything that had happened was low, and both of the monkeys knew that.But for some reason,they both were willing to look for it...perhaps because of the memories they shared with said easel.

After a while of macaque searching low and wukong searching high, wukong coughs a glance of the easel and helped macaque get to its location.Macaque pulled a couple of things that were covering it and it was quite the nostalgic sight.

The easel had small versions of the two monkeys,they weren't exactly masterpieces,but you could make out who was who.There was a badly drawn azure lion and yellow tusk on the back,the absence of peng indicated that it was drawn my macaque.

Both wukong and macaque felt a warm,tingly sensation with the return on those forgotten moments.If it wasn't because mi put wukong under macaque's care,they probably would have forgotten all the jokes and paintings they did together back at the brotherhood.It reminded them of good stuff that had been blocked by the bad.

Macaque snapped out of the nostalgic trance and cleared out his throat to help wukong get out of it as well "Well,what are we going to paint?" Macaque said picking up the easel and placing it somewhere out of the treasure's way."let's go back first,then we can figure it out" wukong said as he avoided macaques eyes,something about the memories made him feel regretful about ...something.

———————-——-

To be continued (cus im out of time)