Chapter 24

Caught.

"N-No...H-Hindi ganoon iyon, T-Tr-riaa. You were wrong... I like you... I love you... H-Hindi gaya ng iniisip mo o nararamdaman m-mo...mali ako nang sinabi ko na mas mabuti na lang na maghiwalay na lang tayo... H-Hindi ko kaya... P-please don't let me g-go..."

I blinked my eyes when I heard Michael's broken and in agony voice. A bitter smile escaped from my lips. I even heard his voice in my imagination. Maybe this is the effects of the alcohol. Hearing a person's voice you badly want to meet. It's just sad that it's not real. The words he was saying isn't real. He is not real. Everything he said was not real no matter how it made me feels good even the world would be upside down. The words coming out from his mouth weren't real. So, it's still useless. Anyways, I'd still answered him despite knowing it.

"B-But your actions tells me o-otherwise. You can't even visit me...that's what you called love? What's does even mean love to you?" I masked my feelings with a sarcastic laugh.

Another drop of tears fell from my glinting eyes. I need to get rid of this feelings already. Everything isn't healthy for my well-being anymore. This feelings of mine slowly changing and destroying me. The foundation I built for myself were about to sink and drown. I need to get over...

"I did! When you're still asleep! Does love really has a meaning, Tria? Alam kung marami akong pagkukulang sa iyo...kasalanan...at i-inaamin ko naging duwag ako nong hilingin ko n-na makipaghiwalay s-sayo... Pero T-Tri mahal na mahal kita... Kaya ko iyon n-nasabi sa iyo...I t-thought it was the best decision for you... I d-don't want you to be m-miserable with me... I was just c-causing you pain and it h-hurts me s-seeing y-you in pain because of m-me. B-But I w-was wrong when I s-saw you so terrified and terribling t-that d-day. Narealize ko na mas nasaktan pa p-pala kita dahil sa g-ginawa ko..." I gulped when I heard him stiffened.

What? Why his voice sound feels real? His voice were like in a deep and excruciating pain. My eyes flooded with tears as I stare at his broken and pained eyes. I felt like want to hug him to ease the pain from his expression. Isn't ironic? I was in pain also but I'm willing to take the pain he was feeling.

"Even in my imagination, you were still handsome when crying..." I mumbled as I lifted my fingers to touch his nose.

"What? Y-You thought I'm just your imagination?" His face became serious.

My breath hitched.

"I am real, Trianah. Feel it." He leaned towards me causing our forehead touch.

He placed my palm on his cheeks. His touch seems real—his voice and his face. His gaze were too deep and intense that I felt like melting.

"N-No w-way! I'm just seeing and hearing things because I'm too drunk!" I snapped and tried to get away from him but I'm surprised when he slipped his arms around my waist and pulled my body for a tight embrace.

I gasped, realization dawned on my face as I felt his tight arms around my body stopping me for making any move. My heart skipped numerously. I'm too drunk to process what is happening. I'm to reluctant to believe what I am seeing. He leaned his head on my shoulder making me astonished as I felt his breath. Enough, to succumb my breath away.

"I love you, Tria. I really do. I love you so much... So, please believe me... Don't let me go..." He whispered.

My mouth parted, couldn't believe what were coming out from his mouth. In between of my low sobs, I felt his soft lips pressed on my forehead. It's gentle and to soft.

Does fate enjoy playing with me? I'm in the verge of giving up my feelings because I felt like were everything to hopeless to hope. Then, something unexpected happened again causing me to change of heart. I was sure earlier to let go him but with his sweet words I quickly change my mind.