Chapter 19

Nora's POV:-

His eyes are filled with both anger and possessiveness. I guess I should be intimidated by the expression on Derek's face. But self-preservation has never been my strong suit at least when it came to him.

“What are you trying to do Mr.Osborne?” I say with an air of indifference as if he were a child throwing a tantrum that I couldn't care less about.

“ I believe it is I who should be asking that question. What were you doing with that man?” Derek leans close to me, his face only inches from mine.

“How did your date with Clara go?” I ask sweetly, turning away from him.

“Is that what this is about? You are mad that I was photographed with Clara?” Derek puts his arm around the top of my chair.

“No, I am not but you seemed pretty pissed about my date. I wonder why.” I sip my drink surprised at how calm I sounded.

“So this is how it's going to be?” Derek gives me a calculating smirk.

“ I don't know what you are talking about.” I don't look at him. For a minute there's quiet and then he finally speaks.

“How about we make a deal? I won't go on dates with Clara or other women. And you will stay away from men.”

I have to hide my smile behind my cup. I don't know why his ‘proposal’ is making me feel thrilled and excited. Shouldn't I be scared that a terrifying man like him is feeling possessive about me?

“I will think about it,” I say acting as if this didn't mean much to me. I pick my bag up and leave not looking at him in case he sees my true feelings in my eyes.

I have taken only a few steps before a very big and very strong hand tightly grips mine.

“What are you doing?” I hiss at Derek who's dragging me along with him.

“I want to hold your hand. If you try to pull away I might just throw you over my shoulder. You will just create a huge scene and make me angrier. So I suggest you cooperate.” He says with a pleasant smile on his face.

Just then I notice a couple of women giving him starry-eyed looks and blatantly ogling him. I find my hand tightening on Derek's reflexively. I think Derek notices because he gives a small laugh before he drags me to his car.

“Admit that you are possessive and jealous when it comes to me."

He says as he ties my seat belt. I can do it myself but I like him doing it for some strange reason like how I liked it when he opened the car door for me and got into his seat only once I settled in.

“ I am not jealous. Can't say the same about you though.” I say.

“At least I accept it.” He says quietly and I stare at him surprised that he was actually admitting it.

So he was jealous. Does this mean he has feelings for me? Was that even possible for a man like him?

As always I make sure he drops me a few houses away from my home.

He doesn't say anything as I get out of the car.

“ Bye. Thanks for dropping me home.” I say suddenly feeling uncomfortable by his silence.

“ Hmm.” He grunts.

Was he regretting letting me know he was jealous? He certainly didn't act like himself when he interrupted my date. He had always acted like an asshole since the very day I met him.

But there was always something cold and calculated about him. I don't think I had ever seen him truly angry because that would require emotions and he always had acted like a robot who wasn't capable of such things.