The Talk

Shi Wudu

I was in my office reading up on techniques and possible strategies I could use for upcoming missions and battles. My last mission with Pei was a success but there's always room for improvement in my book. Neither of us are weak by any means but I can't help but feel the need to constantly be ready for anything.

Could it be I'm still on edge about wanting to protect Qingxuan? It has been years but there's no telling if that monster is still after him or not.

"Big brother there you are". Qingxuan said coming into the room. "Have you been looking for me long"? I asked still reading my book. "No, not really, I'm just getting back from visiting his highness Xie Lian". He said while holding his fan closed in his hand. "I see, you go over there a lot don't you". I said matter of factly.

"He's a good friend of mine brother, I admire and respect him a lot". "Is that so"? "Mhm! I know a lot of the other officials look down upon him and think he's a nuisance but he's very knowledgeable and helps out a lot on my missions, by the way, how did your last mission go"?

"It went well. Pei and I both did our job and came back unharmed". "That's great! Did anything else happen "? "If you're asking whether or not I told him about my feelings for him the answer is no". For years I have been in love with Ming Guang but have kept it a secret out of fear of being rejected, Qingxuan is the only one who knows.

"What!? Why not"? He sat next to me with concern in his eyes. I set the book down and smiled sadly at him. "I didn't know how to tell him and it didn't feel like the right time". He said nothing in response to that, instead all he did was hug me and I hugged him back. "I love you so much, it doesn't matter what form you're in".

"..................Are you saying I can be in my female form more often"? "If it makes you comfortable and happy then yes". She transformed and hugged me tighter. "Thank you, big brother". "You're welcome. Is it ok if I go visit his highness? I'd like to thank him for always being there for you". "Of course". She smiled.

Xie Lian

My body was shaking as I jolted awake. San Long was tending to business in Ghost City and I had decided to take a nap while I waited for him to return, that was a mistake, however. While asleep all I could see was White Face and the destruction he caused to my kingdom. It's the same nightmare I've had for years, no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to get rid of them, The only time I don't have them is when hen San Long is around but I can't run to him for every little problem I have.

No matter how badly I want to

"Your Highness, are you ok"? I looked up and was shocked to see Shi Wudu kneeling in front of me with a worried expression. "Lord water master, what brings you by"? "I came to talk with you but when I arrived I noticed you were having a nightmare. Where's Hua Cheng? Why isn't he here with you"? I was taken aback at the amount of concern he was showing me. "H He's in Ghost City right now handling business". "I see". He sat back.

"What is it you wanted to talk about"? "I wanted to thank you for being there for Qingxuan. Despite how she acts a lot of people give her a hard time for the form she chooses to be in. Part of that is my fault however, when she was a child our parents and I thought it would be a good idea for him to pretend to be a girl so we could hide him away from the reverned of empty words.

It's been years but I can't help but feel anxious. I don't know if the one that targeted her is still alive or not and if it is I have no idea when it'll attack, My sister is the only thing I have left in this world, I can't handle the idea of possibly losing her". I smiled sadly.

I know that feeling well. After the fall of my kingdom San Long was the first person to show me any type of care or respect. Feng Xin and Mu Qing eventually forgave me for what I did to our home and I eventually met Qingxuan but San Long will always be the most important person to me, with him I don't ever have to worry about being abandoned. I know he'll always be there for me and protect me".

"That's good but Your Highness, I've never heard Feng Xin or Mu Qing blame you for anything, actually there always talking about wanting to be by your side once again and be people you can rely on. That's why they don't care that you are close to Hua Cheng and even went as far as to disguise themselves as Fu Yao and Nan Feng so they could accompany you on your mission". I was completely taken aback.

Mu Qing and Feng Xin did that for me?

"Also, what makes you believe you're responsible for Xianle falling"? "I couldn't stop Xianle and Yong'an from going to war with each other, I couldn't stop w
White Face, the human face disease, or my parents from commuting suicide. It's no wonder Qi Rong hates me and convinced our people to turn against me".

"It will do you good not to listen to anything your cousin says your highness, you did everything you could to save your people while he stood around doing nothing. The people that matter the most to you don't blame you for what happened and neither should you". Without saying another word he stood up and left.

Shi Wudu

I can't believe this. I can't believe he hasn't learned the truth yet and that the emperor is still using him for his own personal gain. I have to put an end to this. It's not my place but if Qingxuan knew she would want me to help him.

Word Count: 1069