Distance

Ming Guang

All day I couldn't help but feel as though something was wrong. When I woke up this morning a feeling of dread had worked its way deep into my body. I didn't know why it was there or where it had came from but I knew it wasn't going to fade until I figured out what it was that was causing it.

As long as it has nothing to do with Wudu I'll be fine

I continued my walk to the palace of Ling Wen hoping my friend would have an assignment for me. I needed a distraction from this feeling. I needed something that would help me clear my head. Normally I would ask Wudu to accompany but he fell off yesterday.

I'll give him a few days to deal with whatever's going on before checking in on him. Whatever it was seemed serious

Once at the palace, I made my way inside and up the long flight of stairs that led to her desk. Like always she was busy going through files and ordering her subordinates around. "General Pei, I'm surprised to see you here". "I was hoping you had a mission for me". She looked up at me confused.

"I'm going to assume you don't know what's going on". I looked at her confused now. "Going on about what"? "Ming, a medical team had to be sent to the palace of wind and water or Wudu". The feeling of dread I was feeling intensified.

Wudu's been hurt?

Qingxuan

"Is there anything you need me to get you? Anything I can do"? I asked my brother gently as he laid in bed after the medics left. I have no idea what they treated him for or how long he'll need to recover since I wasn't allowed in the room. "Nothing........I don't need anything right now". He muttered.

"I can tell your in pain brother, let me lay next to you. it'll be just like when we were kids. "Is His Highness here? I can sense his spiritual pressure". "He is. Do you wish to speak with him? I can call him in". "That won't be necessary, if anything I want you to go to him.

I don't want to see anyone right now". He whispered. "............Even me"? I whispered looking sadly at him. "Please don't make it sound like that". I was about to say more but stopped when I saw tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

Who hurt you?

I did as he asked. I made my way over to his highness and threw myself into his arms crying softly. "Lady wind master"? He was confused but wrapped his arms around me regardless. "Wind blossom what happened"? Ming Yi asked. "I don't know what's wrong with him and he doesn't want to see anyone including me". Xie Lian held me tighter. "I'm sorry Qingxuan". "I don't know what to do your highness, he's never pushed me away before".

"Continue to be there for him. Keep your distance like he asks but stay close enough so you can be right by his side for when he does call for you". "I agree with him, if you push him to talk it'll only make him shut down more". Ming Yi said.

I was about to say something else when General Pei walked over with a worried expression on his face. Out of everyone, he's the last person I wanted around my brother. "Qingxuan, I heard what happened. Is Wudu ok? Can I go in to see him"? I pulled away from his highness and went to stand in front of him.

"I'm sorry but you came all the way over here for nothing general, my brother doesn't want to see anyone right now not even me". "I see". His eyes saddened. "If he changes his mind can you please let him know I'd like to see him"? "I'll pass the message along but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you".

"I understand. Ming Yi, Your Highness". he said before walking off.

If I have any say in it you'll never see him

Word Count: 694