Your Safe

Shi Wudu

Inside dream

The water was nice and cool as I gently laid down on the surface. It did a great job of calming down my nerves and relaxing me. I needed this after everything that's happened. I needed to feel safe and that's what the water always did for me.

It always brought me back to my center and shielded me away from everything. In the water, I could just relax and enjoy the nice cool air.

"You look comfortable". I smiled as his voice entered my ears. "You're late as usual". "I'm sorry love, time got away from me for a bit". "What were you doing"? "I'll tell you if you let me join". I nodded.

Ripples were made as he made his way in and came over to me. I smiled more as he took me into his arms right away and held me close. "I've missed you". He murmured into my hair. "I've missed you too Pei". I rested my head against him.

"I had a family meeting but I thought about you the whole time I was there". "Nothing perverted I hope". He chuckled. "Of course not I'm a gentleman". "Gentlemen my ass". He laughed.

"I am glad though". I whispered. "Glad about what love"? "You loving me". "How could I not? You are amazing in every way possible".

Outside dream

That's not true. You're not gonna want someone that's broken, someone that's been used and thrown to the side. Someone who barely knows how to get through a day without wanting to cry.

I want to tell you. I want to tell you so bad but I know the answer will be no. I don't deserve you. I don't deserve to have someone as good as you in my life. I don't even deserve to have my sister in my life. All I can do is force my way through each passing day and hope it's not as bad as the last.

Despite what I was feeling I couldn't help but take notice to the warm presence beside me. His warm presence. "Are you awake Shu Shi". I wanted to tear up at the sound of that name. That was the nickname he's called me since we first met each other.

"You can't be here right now, you'll get hurt". I whispered. I fought back more tears as I felt him pull me close to his chest. It was so warn. "Shu Shu, Isn't here Wudu. You don't have to be afraid of him anymore. Him or the emperor".

"I have no idea what you're talking about". He gently stroked my hair. "I saw your memories, Shu Shi". He whispered softly. I cried. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to help you right away. I'm here now though, I won't let anyone hurt you ever again".

"Qingxuan"? "They know as well. No ones going to hurt them either". "You don't know that for certain". I whispered. "Yes I do, his highness, crimson rain sought flower and black water He Xuan are all involved in this as well. They helped us find out the truth".

"I'm sorry". "Don't, you have nothing to apologize for. This wasn't your fault". I said nothing. "Your sister wants to see you, is that ok"? "I don't know if I can face them".

"It doesn't have to be right now, they'll understand". "I don't wanna see anyone right now". I hid my head more in his chest. "You don't have to. You don't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with, it can just be the two of us if you want". I nodded my head, I was too weak to tell him no.

Word Count: 619