What Are We Going To Do San Long?

Xie Lian

Inside dream

The air was fresh as I walked the streets of Xianle. Today was one of the days I could just be Xie Lian and not have to worry about any problems that may or may not be going on within the kingdom.

No, today everything was peaceful. Mu Qing and Feng Xin haven't been in any fights in a while and the students at the school are progressing at a good pace with their training.

Everything was just the way I wanted it to be. I was happy, my people were happy, everything was perfect......until it wasn't. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a small boy with black hair running from a group of kids who were chasing him.

I recognized him immediately. He was the same little boy I always gave food to after seeing him on the streets eating a loaf of bread. I made my way over to them immediately and gently pushed him behind me shielding him from the older kids that were much bigger than him.

"Y your highness". "How many times am I going to have to keep telling you all to leave honghonger alone"? "We didn't do anything this time Your Highness, he's the one that started messing with us". One of them said. Honghonger shook his head.

"Stop lying you worthless brat"! He hide behind me more. "That's enough! I will not tolerate this continuous bullying of a poor innocent child. Until I say other wise all of you will be cleaning up the streets as well as writing Honghonger a very heartfelt apology letter, am I understood"?

"Yes, Your Highness".

I took Honghonger into my arms and left with him right away. 

"Thank you, Your Highness". He said softly with his head resting on my shoulder. "You don't have to thank me little one, I'm happy to help. Have you eaten lately"? "Momma's still sick". He muttered. "I understand".

I took him to a hibachi shop and sat him down next to me before giving him a menu. "Order as much as you want ok". I smiled. "Are you sure"? "Yes, I don't want you to go hungry. Growing boys need to eat".

He nodded and ordered, thirty minutes later I smiled as I watched him eat away happily. Despite not having eaten in a while he didn't go fast. He ate at a moderate rate enjoying every bite he took.

"Is it good"? He nodded. "I'm glad to hear". "Do you have to go back soon"? "No, I have the day off today". He nodded and took another bite. "Are you going straight home after this"?

"I don't want to". He whispered. "You don't have to. You can stay with me if you'd like". I smiled. "Please Your Highness". I gently ruffled his hair.

Outside dream

"What are you thinking about gege"? San Long asked as we both sat in our bed at Paradise Manor. My head was in his lap as his fingers gently passed through my hair.

"I lost everything because of him". I whispered. "I know but you're not alone. You will never be alone as long as I'm around". "What are we going to do"? "Whatever you want. You can confront him or I can take care of him".

"I don't want him to hurt you". "No one will ever take me away from you my love".

Word Count: 573