10. "Safe"

"You guys stay here, it's safe." Owen told us, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I can't believe this is happening. Out of all the days, months, and years this park has been open, this never happened. So many lives have been lost already and it's not even 6:00 yet.

I feel more vulnerable than ever! I just need to focus on staying alive and help keep everyone safe and alive. But, I honestly don't feel safe. The only time I feel just a tiny bit safe is when I'm near Zach.

"Okay." I nodded, but then we heard a big boom coming from the doors, closing the access from the visitors center alley. And then it happened again.

"Uh- I don't think this place is that safe." Zach widened his eyes and swallowed hard. Owen looked around and pointed to a car.

"Get in the car!" Owen yelled as soon as the gate flung open, people flooding into the area we were in. They were trying to get away from the flying Dino's.

We all ran to the black car and hopped in. Zach, Gray, and I all sat in the back seat while Owen drove and Claire was in the passenger seat.

"Go!" Claire yelled and Owen began backing up extremely fast, trying to not hit the visitors. We continued to back up until we hit the back wall.

"Can we please stay with you?" Gray blurted. I nodded with pleading eyes.

"I will never leave your side." Claire affirmed. I furrowed my brows.

"No him!" We all said pointing to Owen. He chucked and nodded.

-

"Hey, so what were you going to ask me earlier?" Zach said once we were parked in front of the velociraptor cages. Owen and Claire were talking to some of the workers.

"I forgot." I shrugged. He just nodded.

I opened the door to the car and jumped out. I speed walked to the cage. I unlocked the door and stood next to Owen.

"They're gonna be okay right?" I asked folding my arms across my chest, looking at Echo.

"They should be. She's really smart." He kindly smiled.

I rubbed Echo's face then turned around to see Zach and Gray leaning against the fence.

"So who's the alpha?" Gray asked.

"Your looking at him." Owen smirked and I laughed.

"You think your so tough." I shook my head. I opened up the gate and walked towards Zach.

"Hey you don't have to be so mean." Owen pouted.

"Shut up." I grinned.

"Hey kids!" Claire yelled. We all turned towards her. She was by an ambulance.

"I'm not a kid." Zach groaned.

"Whatever you are, come here." She opened up the back doors and told Zach and I to get in.

"It's safe in here. Since there's only two seats, Gray you'll sit in front with me." She smiled. Zach and I both sat down on the comfy seats.

"Make sure to put your seat belts on!" I looked on the side only to not see a seatbelt. "Uh, just hold hands."

She slammed the doors and left us in almost complete darkness. A light from the cage just barely illuminated the back of the vehicle.

I surprisingly felt Zach slip his hand onto mine, intertwining our fingers.

-

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I just haven't been feeling up to writing.

Hope you like it :)