2. "Tour Guide"

Picspam made by the lovely

\

I impatiently tapped my foot against the ground as I sat on the hard wooden bench waiting for the train to arrive.

Finally, after nearly 25 minutes, it came. I held up my sign as I watched people file out of the train cars.

There had to be at least 1,000 people pass me before two boys came up to me.

One was about 5'5 with curly blonde hair and a big smile and bright blue eyes, while the other was about 6'1 with dark brown hair covered by a blue hoodie with a pair of black beats headphones blasting music.

"Hi! Are you Gray?" I asked the shorter one with a smile.

"Yeah! Aunt Claire said you'd be our tour guide! I'm so excited!" Gray laughed jumping up and down.

"Well you should be. We have over 35 different species of dinosaurs. It's pretty amazing actually." I smiled.

"What's your name?" Gray asked.

"Oh, I'm Maxi. I also work here. I train the velociraptors and triceratops. I'm actually the youngest person to work here, thanks to my friend Owen for getting me the job. I'm 16." I told him. I saw Zach look away from his phone, then at me.

He has gorgeous brown eyes. I have to admit, he's cute. Like way cuter than Owen...

"S-so you must be Zach," I stuttered than put out my hand for him to shake.

"Uh yeah." He said without shaking my hand. He just kept staring at me.

"Okay... Let's go see the Mosasaurs. The show is really cool." I began walking, with Gray by my side and Zach trailing behind us.

"That's actually not a dinosaur. It's a-"

"50 foot long marine reptile. Yup,"

-
We took our seats at the Mosasaurs feeding show. A huge tank full of water stood in front of the 4,000 people sitting in their seats. A dead great white shark was dangling from a crane, over the tank as food for the reptile.

"You might want to put your phone away." I told Zach leaning over a little bit. I took a small glance at his phone. It was a bunch of text messages from a girl named Angie that seemed like she wasn't getting along with him.

"Whatever." He shrugged. I sighed and leaned forward to look at Gray, who was on the left side of Zach.

"Is he always like this?" I laughed.

"He's worse than he seems." Gray nodded.

"Aren't we all?" I smirked. I leaned back and looked at Zach. He was pretending to text, and had a smile on his face.

"You know you're not texting right?"

"W-what?" He stuttered looking at me, his cheeks turning bright crimson.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the Mosasaurs Feeding Show! I would advise you to please put away all electronic devices, as you do get wet." The announcer lady, Jill, smiled.

"That's what she said." Zach and I said in unison and both looked at each other. I smiled and turned back.

"Let's see if he's still hungry." Jill said turning towards the tank.

All of a sudden, the Mosasaurs jumped out of the water, grabbed the shark, and dove back down. Water came pouring down on us, leaving me and everyone else soaked.

"Now let's take a closer look. Hold on!" Jill waved as all the seats started to move down and the huge tank seemed to rise above us.

"That was amazing!" Zach shouted.

"Yeah it was." I smiled, watching the Mosasaurs under water, eating its lunch.