Battle of Yilong Cheng

Link Start: Danger In Virtual Worlds

Chapter 30: Battle of Yilong Cheng

Date: Infinityverse Days 955-979

The 85th Floor features the final floor with GGO areas on it, Yilong Cheng Castle Town, and The Martial Emperor's Domain. The 86th Floor features The En Mountains and a few small villages from The Underworld/Alicization. The 87th Floor features part of The Dark Territory and a Aincrad area known as Steam Country that has a small hot spring spa in it.

Mater speaks: "But how could Linhua be alive again? I don't recall that from after the 100th Floor Incident in our world.." Typhon replies: "The Arcana System must have revived her for some greater purpose." Anastasia speaks again: "I see you've brought the entire core of the Assault Team with you. Yes, we know everything as well. As much as I want to catch up with you, Koharu and Swiftdrawer, we have a big problem and we were waiting for you to come in hopes you could help us before it was too late.." Kirito replies: "Something tells me we are now in the middle of a complicated situation.." That's when we hear battle cries and the roars of monsters. Linhua yells: "We have to explain quickly! My disciples won't be able to hold them off from reaching our town for much longer! It's a ways from here outside of what you players call the safe zone. This is an emergency." Anastasia sighs: "We are being attacked from all sides. At first, things have been very peaceful for a long time. Over 2 years. But recently, Huang The Hundred Arms, the former emperor of a country that hasn't existed since the Great Separation happened who had been defeated by the Assault Team of our Aincrad was spotted reawakening back to life. He was consumed by the instincts of a monster he had acquired by doing away with his human body and began to attack anyone in sight. As a Golem, a clone of the original Anastasia who was friends with Huang, I couldn't sit back and watch anymore as he destroyed even his own temple. I challenged him and lost, nearly being destroyed. Linhua mysteriously appeared, alive once again and saved me. Ever since then, Huang has been on a rampage. We have well fortified Yilong Cheng. Huang hasn't gotten to it yet but he will soon.

A team of capable fighters from various Floors were sent out to stop him but I'm afraid they won't be enough, even with the help of Doctor Bevel's latest creations. When most of you weren't paying attention, we were starting to learn of your efforts this time around in Aincrad and have connected to others across all of the Floors just about. But Huang isn't the only problem we have to deal with. A group of players are attacking from another side, they appear to be hired mercenaries." Argo sighs: "So some of the 'Underworld' of Aincrad has decided to attack this floor because they were offered a lot of money. I shouldn't be surprised but I am despite POH and Subtilizer insisting on facing us on this Floor." "Did you just say Subtilizer? The 3rd problem attacking us is his army from The Dark Territory. He has once again donned the identity of the evil god, Emperor Vecta. He has even merged Vecta's form with his own form as a GGO player and professional marksman. We know all about him thanks to information we gained from someone within the Assault Team. He and his army are laying waste to area after area before eventually surrounding Yilong Cheng on the 2 sides it is not at the moment surrounded by anything. What's most alarming is how quickly all of this has taken place. It began just a day ago. I'm afraid not even I or Linhua's strength will be enough to stop what's happening. We need your help. I wish we didn't but we do. I have a body that is far stronger than that of a human's and yet, I cannot do much against our enemies.." Koharu sighs: "What are we even supposed to do?" Lind replies: "We need to mobilize the entire Assault Team, reserves included. We're going to have to split into groups to make this work."

That's when we see a bunch of what look to be inhabitants of GGO itself fighting in some kind of quarrel or worse. Agil speaks: "What's going on over there?" Llenn gasps: "I just got a message! It's from someone who is staying on the Floor where GGO began in this game! There's a feud over what to do in this emergency situation on this floor.. Players, monsters, and NPCs are fighting on both sides of the conflict." M replies: "Even players.. Now there's 5 problems to deal with. Subtilizer and the Dark Territory. Huang's rampage. Defending the town and further fortifying it. The conflict between residents of GGO's main floor. And the mercenary army invading Yilong Cheng." Tsunade adds: "This is going to be difficult to overcome." Shikamaru nods: "It's obvious that we don't have much time to just stand around and talk. Some of us are already sending emergency messages across the entire game. And that is a start. But it's clear that Subtilizer must be behind all of this. From what Kirito and the others told us, he himself possesses some seriously dark powers, even transforming that some kind of energy demon on the outside before Kirito originally killed him in the War Of The Underworld. We really will need all the help we can get with this. But why target Yilong Cheng specifically?" Typhon scoffs: "That bastard wanted to lure us to it in hopes of saving the NPCs. He has something planned." I add: "I think you're right and if you are, Huang's rampage and the fight to stop him somehow will be nothing compared to Subtilizer's final plan. Or should I say Gabriel's as that's not only his real name but he has outright said it in the past. No matter what happens, we don't have time to pick who's best for going to which problem.