131-140

Chapter 131: Chinese New Year (Part 4) Chapter 131: Chinese New Year (Part 4)

Grandma Qiu and Zhang Cuilan both shrank their shoulders when they heard this. Qiu Jiaqing came back a few days ago and bought new clothes for everyone in the family, gave Qiu Yansen a large watch that looked quite valuable, and threw three hundred yuan at Zhang Cuilan, saying that he would not be back after the New Year and was going out to do something big, so they were asked to stay at home and not cause trouble.

They all knew that Qiu Jiaqing didn't do anything good outside, just some sneaky things, but as long as he brought money back, he was considered promising. But they never asked where the money came from.

Because her son could earn money to support her family, Zhang Cuilan was very active in the Qiu family for a while and her status was unprecedented.

Thinking of this, Grandma Qiu's anger subsided. Seeing that the sun was already high in the sky, she said, "I won't go today. I can't cause trouble for my eldest grandson. I'll go cook. Cuilan, come over and give me a hand."

"Hey, Mom, you go first. I'll change Jiabao's clothes and then come over." Zhang Cuilan agreed, but her body was motionless.

Little Qiu Jiabao jumped on the kang and said, "I don't want to change, I don't want to change."

Zhang Cuilan went over and patted her younger son's butt, saying, "Stop jumping around. What do you know, little kid? It's New Year's Day, you must change your clothes." Then she was about to get up to grab the child.

Grandma Qiu has lived with her third daughter-in-law for so many years, so it’s clear to her that she doesn’t know what kind of person she is. But because of her son, she doesn’t bother with her.

She saw the old lady lift the curtain and go to the main hall. Zhang Cuilan ignored her son and moved closer to her husband, pulling his arm and saying, "Yansen, let's just forget about it. Look at my face, it's all scratched by my second sister-in-law. I can't swallow this. I tell you, if I get beaten, you, an old man, won't be able to look good."

Qiu Yansen was watching TV, and was annoyed by his wife's pulling. He turned his head and saw his wife's miserable face. He frowned and said with disgust: "Okay, don't I know your little thoughts? I don't care what you want to do, but I warn you, your eldest son is doing big things now, you can't call the police just because of us and the second brother's family. If your son is implicated, we will have a bad life. You know your son's temper." Qiu Yansen is more realistic than his wife, and more flexible. It's useless to say anything else. As long as he has money to spend, that's the most important thing. When the two families fought last time, someone in the crowd wanted to call the police, but he was quick-witted and stopped them, otherwise their family would have to be taken to the public security bureau.

Zhang Cuilan also thought of her eldest son's bad temper. Although she didn't know what her husband meant, she just couldn't bear it.

Seeing his wife's bitter and resentful look, Qiu Yansen said perfunctorily, "Don't be angry. We have stolen the business of the second brother's family, and you were scratched by the second sister-in-law. Even if the two are offset, no one owes anyone anything."

"Hmph, Qiao Fengqin is getting more and more arrogant and looking down on me. She also won't let me go to the tofu shop to help her. Now I'm going to let her go." Zhang Cuilan was full of resentment when she said this. She wanted to work in her second sister-in-law's tofu shop. As her own relative, why shouldn't she give her half of the money she earned in the end? Who knew that when she talked to her second sister-in-law about this, she directly said that the tofu shop was enough for one person and wouldn't let her go. Later, she encouraged the old lady to help her, but her second brother still disagreed. Hmph, what's going on now? I still found a way to get into the tofu shop and blocked the way for my second brother's family to make money. Let's see how they can still be so arrogant in the future. This is the result of offending her.