161-170

Chapter 161 Death (Part 2) Chapter 161 Death (Part 2)

When Qiu Ma and Qiu Feng arrived at Qiu Yansen's house, they saw many people standing outside the door watching the fun. They didn't have time to greet everyone. When they pushed the door open, they saw the same scene as the girl described. Qiu Yansen was still sitting on the chair smoking hard, and it was hard to tell whether he was sad or happy on his face. However, Zhang Cuilan added some curses to her howling, and there were a few old women trying to persuade her.

Mother Qiu thought that none of those people were good people. They were always gossiping about other people's private affairs or stirring up trouble. In short, as long as it was none of their business, they would make as many noises and criticisms as they wanted.

"Oh, Xiao Qiao, you're here just now. You have to make money at the right time. Your mother-in-law is gone. If you don't come to help at this time, you won't be at ease spending the money you earn." Aunt Wang next to Zhang Cuilan said, and others nearby echoed her.

Ever since Grandma Qiu moved in, Aunt Wang and Grandma Qiu had been like-minded and often gossiped about other people's affairs together. Now seeing her old sister pass away like this, she didn't know what to feel. She was relieved that it was not her who passed away, but she was also sad. After all, they had been together for such a long time and had no hatred or grudges against each other. She just felt uncomfortable.

Mother Qiu ignored them and walked straight to the kang to see how Grandma Qiu was doing.

Zhang Cuilan didn't know what was wrong with her. When she saw Aunt Qiu coming over, she knelt on the kang and cried, "Get lost. It's all because of you. You always make me angry. That's why I couldn't bear it. I left so early. How dare you come to see her? How dare you come to see her?"

After she said that, she threw herself next to Grandma Qiu (she didn't dare to throw herself on her) and started crying.

"Oh my god, you disliked this daughter-in-law the most when you were alive. Now that you are gone, she still comes to you and won't let you go."

The old ladies around her looked at Aunt Qiu with accusing eyes, and then started a new round of comforting her.

Mother Qiu was very angry, but she knew that she was alone and weak, and now was not the time to quarrel. The old people were gone, and the two daughters-in-law ignored them and quarreled among themselves. Wouldn't they be laughed at by outsiders?

"Okay, I'll leave. Our mother is not happy with me. Originally, I thought that no matter what happened in the past, I was always the daughter-in-law and Old Qiu was the son. We have to come to see the old man off and show our final love to him. Since you don't need me here, I won't come here to bother you. Our mother's funeral arrangements will be left to your third room." Mother Qiu knew that Zhang Cuilan would never let her go at this time. She didn't know why she said that just now. With a test in her heart, she just went with the flow.

"Wait, are you planning to just quit like that? The person lying on the kang is your mother-in-law." Zhang Cuilan didn't know whether what Aunt Qiu said was true or not, but she couldn't let Aunt Qiu go. If she died, who would pay for the funeral? She just said that because she felt guilty. Her mother-in-law's death had a lot to do with her, and she was afraid that someone would hold her accountable, so she wanted to use words to control her second sister-in-law first, so that she wouldn't have to pay and wouldn't be blamed.

"I know. Didn't you say that our mother would be angry if she saw me? Then I can't stay here. I can't let our mother leave in peace. Besides, our mother not only has me as a daughter-in-law, she also has you, doesn't she?" After saying this, Mother Qiu was about to walk out.