Giggle bug

It was very uncommon for the Uppermoons to gather in the Infinity Castle like this. Usually this happened when something very important happened, such as one of them dying.

But maybe this was just as important as that.

"You're doing it! Keep going!" Daki cheered. She usually didn't appreciate Gyokko being so close to Tanjirou, but now she could forgive him. Why? Because Gyokko made himself useful and is help Tanjirou stay standing while also helping him try to take his first steps.

"Come on! Come over here, Tanjirou!" Douma cheered along.

Tanjirou giggled as he shakily raised his foot, and took a step. He almost fell over, but Gyokko prevented him from falling. Tanjirou repeated this a couple of more times until he didn't need Gyokko anymore. Then he took an actual step.

"You did it! Good job, Tanjirou!" Douma shouthed out when Tanjirou managed to waddle to him.

Daki was a bit upset that Tanjirou hadn't walked to her, but her bad mood was pretty much overthrown by her happiness. Heck, even Gyokko was clapping and complimenting Tanjirou.

A slight shift in the air told them all that Muzan had arrived into the room. Tanjirou turned his attention from Douma to Muzan.

"What's with all of the ruckus?" Muzan asked.

Before any of them could really answer, Tanjirou spoke up.

"Da!"

Muzan's gaze immediately shot towards Tanjirou, who was smiling very brightly. Then he stood up onto shaky feet and waddled to Muzan. When Tanjirou reached him, Muzan picked him up.

"...Can you repeat what you just said, Tanjirou?"

Tanjirou giggled. "Da!" Another small giggle. "Da! Dada!"

"Oh my!" Douma clapped his hands together. "He just said his first word! How sweet!"

Tanjirou giggled again. "Dada!"

In the moment, as Tanjirou kept repeating the word 'dada' over and over again, Daki nor Gyokko could process the fact that they had lost once again, though they wouldn't be complaining.