chapter 1: beginning

5: 00

Arkania, City Zero

The sound of rain continuously crashed on the windows. The winds storms into the apartment. The flapping of papers spinning withing the room. A piece of paper slammed on his face. 

He took it off. “Not again “he cursed. 

Dragging his body towards the window. The old mat felt soft under his bare feet. The cold winds crashing on his bare top body. He instinctively stepped back falling on his butt. Gripping his toes. A look of frustration drew on the face.  His gaze moved downward, a paper nail could be seen on the ground. He picked it up

It’s such a mess here and he will soon come crashing asking for more.  

Gripping the windows, in one swift motion he shut them down. The chaos was turn off. The papers falling back one after the other. In a frustrating and yet familiar scene.

“Can’t believe you get to live in the coolest city of Arkania“ he mumbled picking up the papers

If only you knew. reality is not always what we think. 

Placing back the papers on the table he took his seat. A piece of paper in hand. It was written in bold. “Project T.  for this Monday “ 

He smiled bitterly. Glancing at the calenda to the side. Today was Tuesday. Gripping a pen he wiped it and rewrote. “Friday”. lifting it up to his face, a satisfied smile flashed.

This time its going to be different am going to do it

He stood up walking back to his room. It looked so cranked with a single bed and cupboard. The passage of time drawn on both. A cracking sound flowed; He opened the cupboard. A series of white shirts and black trousers came into view. he gripped his shirt, swiftly taking it on. 

Where did I leave it 

He turned to his little room. Searching through but nothing. Suddenly his eyes illuminated. He moved to the kitchen. Hung on one of its chairs. Here it was, his pair of black shoes. Fully dressed, he turned to the oven. 

When a deafening ringing sound filled the room. He jolted rushing back to the living room. Snatching his phone. his eye widened 

“Game over!  am already late “he yelled.

Gripping his umbrella, the door of the room slammed closed. Rushing down the stairs. he entered the streets

His grip on the umbrella tightened, blinding light whistled through the roads. So fast he could barely decern anything. The city seemed to come to life. Tall and majestic building piercing through the sky. 

The rhythmic sounds of shoes clapping in water as they moved up and down. People rushing to their occupation despite the torrential rain. 

No matter the time . city zero is always this lively. Might be a little too much too my taste

He glanced at his watch, a gripping feeling squeezed him, as if  time was making fun of him. His finger continuously tapped on the umbrella end. His unfocused gaze turning sideways. 

But the blinding lights never stopped. He glanced at his watch. 

It’s almost free if I go now, it should be fine right?

Unable to keep quite, he stepped forward.  The road seemed empty, suddenly A blinding light whistled through. his heart skipped a beat and instinctively he stumbled back. But the light was fast too fast. he closed his eyes. bracing himself from impact

The blinding light came to a halt. Drowning him in a wave of water. he lifted his head. Taking a closer look. 

Indeed, those rich freak

A luxurious black car. it looked out of this world. The rain. Gliding by the invisible force field around. The windows tightly closed. No driver, just a circular pattern full of intertwining veins like magic patterns. 

The latest magical selfless cars . how lucky and she is so young 

On the back a striking lady. He was immediately attracted to her eyes. They executed an aura of superiority and power. Sliding by the side golden hairs. Yeah, he blinked, it was rare. Although he could only see her profile view, she was definitely someone amazing.

Could she be a non-human. Impossible!!

He shook his head. rising back to his feet. Now wet. He couldn’t help but frown.

“hey slow down a bit will ya ? I will rather not make an entrance through the windshield” he glared

“Am not behind the wheel as you can plainly see “her voice flowed. Her eyes focused downward probably on something she was reading.

“Rich npc “ he dared not to yell. From her demeanor she was clearly not some nobody. It was better to avoid problems 

“If you don’t have any other purpose, kindly remove yourself from my path” 

He tilted his head to the side. A forced smile drawing on his face. Only then did he notice his less than refined position. Begrudgingly He stepped out of the way. 

“Thank you “she said her eyes never leaving her book.

The blinding light whistled back disappearing at the horizon. He could only stare dazed. 

He moved to the other side of the way. A human size capsule stood before him. He could faintly see his now drenched face within. Pretty good look but nothing extraordinary. He smiled in satisfaction, then quickly arranged his Short black hairs. 

Looks like it’s going to be another dreadful game

He stepped within. A familiar and soothing Feeling enveloped him. His body slightly levitated. In a flash he was gone.

He shook his head in a futile attempt to shake the dizziness

I still can’t vibe with this 

He found himself in a building. moving through its hazy maze of corridors, he slowly got near his goal. 

“Where have you been Cyrus? “a voice snapped him out of his thoughts 

Cyrus lifted his head. A familiar face. A young man dressed copy paste like him. White shirt, black shoes. but different from him the man looked alive.

“Dan what’s up? “

Dan waved with his hand. Catching his breath first. Cyrus gently tapped him on the shoulder. Trying to get him to calm down.

“Hold up you gasping for air like you’ve just gone through a boss battle. Slow down and let me know “  

“I have got bad news “Dan’s voice fell.