chapter 2: Down hill

"You freaking me out here" Cyrus said

"Follow me, the boss wants to see you " Dan said dragging him towards the elevator

Cyrus fell something was off. He followed through the elevator. Dan kept pressing the buttons repeatedly.

Dan never looks so serious, okay might be some times but todays he is a little too pumped up. what's really going on here?. Is he still angry for yesterday?

"Do you remember the project T? "

Cyrus fell silent for a moment. Dan gaze piercing into his . " Of course I worked my butt off for it . sorry for last night. I just zoned out "he blurred out the first excuse he could think of.

It wasn't my fault.

"Give up the lie Cyrus. We both know perfectly you didn't lift your ass off your damn console "dan yelled

" Well spill it what's the big deal" Cyrus asked. Following dan out of the elevator. "When are you going to stop fleeing and give it a try? "

"Weren't we waited on by the old boss? "

Dan cursed shaking his head. " your such a fool " he added . pulling the glass door open.

In a huge room a series of people all stood. At the fore front a man. Dress elegantly in a tightly neat and clean black suit. Without any effort he naturally stood out, like a karmic ore within the dark caves. a smile on the face. His sharp eyes locked on their arrival.

"What's the excuse this time ? "he asked . walking to grip a cocktail "Let me guess?" he added ". you got wrongly arrested by the bureau? "His voice finally landed.

The group abruptly started laughing, and turned to face him. Their gaze fell like magic blast striking at their target. He felt naked. Their gaze seemingly able to see through his soul. He opened his mouth but no word came out.

What was the point? he wouldn't believe me. its my fault if I leave in that shabby area? what ever why are we here just spill it out am getting tired.

"Thankfully not everyone is this punctual. "The man added. "We all here today to celebrate. The launch of the new system for our enterprise. With this we are going to take the market upside down "he declared a generous smile on the face.

Your such a fake ally . stop with this poor cutscene

"Step forward Roland "he waved. A guy moved out. Not forgetting to give a smug look at Cyrus. He arranged his shirt. Cyrus tensed preparing himself for what was about to be the worst moment of his life

A screen flashed in the room. At the wave of the boss. Dislaying a series of complicated diagrams. Gasp echoed among the crowd

"I never thought we could tackle the problem this way such ingenuity "

"Roland definitely merits this "

"Wow dan you've hidden such talent for so long "

Cyrus blinked incredulous. Turning to dan.

So, this was it. this was the reason why dan was so angry. the bastard stole my project

The company worked by creating advanced monitoring systems they sold to the rich, almost all the big shots of the city shipped with them and project T was the latest available designed by Cyrus years of hard work.

"Are you fucking kidding me. Globin thief. how dare you ? you know I have poured hours into this and you just swipe it like it's no big deal "Cyrus yelled, his voice shattering the endless comment showered at him

The boss frowned. "What are you insinuating? not only you are you consistently tardy, but now you're attempting to undermine your colleague simply because they are outpacing you? pathetic. Get your act together and focus on improving yourself instead of resorting to petty tactics to drag others down "the boss voice cut through the chatter like a knife.

Cyrus fell like being hit by a blast. a wave of hatred crawl through him, etching in very part of his body. He baled his fist. "Admit it you know it's mine "he declared unwilling to simply give up

"Yours ?? looks like your sense of humor is as great as your gaming skill "Roland replied a smile on the lips.

"Roalnd your such a scum. How could you after Cyrus taught all he knew when you came "Dan yelled. The features of his face twisting in fury

"Enough, this time you have gone overboard. Two days that's all you have "the boss voice thundered

Cyrus fell his heart skip a beat. His thoughts darting back to his family.

what will they think?

that dreaded moment he feared his whole life was drawing closer. Catching him back like the bureau always does with its pray. "Now you can't do that "he cried out.

"Do something Cyrus. You know how it works better than anyone here. Prove to them that's its yours " Dan gripped him by the collar.

Cyrus stayed silent unsure of what to do.

"If you can prove its yours. Roland will apologize and leave this place. But if you fail, I will make sure you can't stay in this city "the boss declared indifferently

Cyrus fell cold sweat trickle down his face. Dan slapped him on the face. "Get up Cyrus. this is it prove them wrong "

Letting the pain sink in , Cyrus stepped forward but his trembling hands couldn't move.

And if I fail ? I wouldn't be able to stay here . what about my father ? they have worked so hard for me to get this place . where will I go ? there is no better place than here

" you know what " he lifted his head. His shoulder falling back." Keep it, its not like it was my masterpiece or anything. I have got tons of other projects in the pipeline and you won't be getting a glimpse of any of it "he added turning to leave

Dan was rooted on the spot his eyes wide open. He slapped his face shaking his head to leave afterward

Cyrus left the building, taking back the portal capsule. He was back on his street. He entered his old building. The stairs cricking as he moved up. Creating an eerie and irritating sound, he frowned. thinking nothing could be worst until his eyes fell on the envelop underneath his door.

"Not now "he cursed