chapter 3: Inexpressif

Cyrus dragged his body into his room. Slamming door behind him. 

Seating in the leaving room. He held the letter in hand. The seal something way to familiar. 

I should have held my mouth shut 

“well , game over for me, huh ? not only am I about to lose my job but now my house too. Guess I will be living in a cardboard box next to the arcade “ he said

Throwing the letter away. he held his head down.

Why am I so useless? why can’t I be like others? might be he was right I can’t do anything other than gaming 

Leaning back on his sofa he fell asleep. probably his way to evade his reality. 

The next morning Cyrus left early; the sun hung high shooting it powerful rays. Rushing through the park roads. Figures flashed passed his vision, his body in constant motion, The winds caressed his skin, his chest heaving up and down. 

Beads of sweat trickled down his face. his heart beating swifly. he finally came to a halt. 

I don’t understand why I have so much stamina despite running since the first rays of the sun

Cyrus took a seat on the bench by the side. His gaze darting through the park. The dazzling and verdant green flourished. A series of figure moving in various direction. Few children’s rushing after what fell like a ball of light, each time they came into contact they will levitate in the sky. Taking them for a wild tour. During which they wouldn’t stop screaming for their parents. strangely despite that once they returned safely to the ground, they will still chase after the light. a behavior he couldn’t understand.

Unknowingly a smile found its way on his face. 

How I wished I was still a kid with nothing to worry about. I could have just roamed the city free and enjoy everything without having to spent a dime

“Exit the game Cyrus you can’t be kid anymore “he mumbled to himself. Leaning on the bench. 

“stopping here during my jog is a treasure . watching these kids play, it’s a temporary escape from reality a breath of innocence in a chaotic world  “ a sudden voice snatched him out oof his trance

Tilting his head to the side . Cyrus blinked , it was lady not any lady but the lady! , a striking beauty lightly dressed in her jogging. He had the luxury of observing her well developed body in great detail. Probably the same age as him.  Her black hairs tied in a pony tail. They exchanged looks. She smiled 

Is this real ? 

He freaked out tilting his head to the side “ your right . indeed you’re a treasure “ he blurred out. Unaware of his words. She laughed, her naturally pleasing voice flowed into his ears, almost hypnotic, “forgive the intrusion I am Mariline “she raised her hand.

This is it cyrus you can do it . she is just before you. Just ask her out. but what if she refuses ? 

“Nice to meet me. I need to go now “he bounced back on his feet and disappeared as fast as he could. 

After running for an unknow amount of time, he finally came to a halt. Furtively glancing backward. She wasn’t there. He sights in relief. Holding his heart. He thought it would have almost ran out. 

Damn Cyrus you have screw you game. she will now take you for a fool 

He slapped his face. 

What will she think if she learned the only reason I started jogging was to observe her ? she will probably take me for a pervert .

“ I really need a day off “ he strolled through the streets , soon he found himself in front of a shop. The sign was old and almost falling. Pulling the doors he entered the almost deserted shop . few passed by him not sparing him a glance. His eyes darting back and forth as if he was being surveyed.

Cyrus took the stairs upward. Pulling the door, he entered without warning.

The figure withing jolted in fright. Pulling down its paper in a futile attempt to hide them. 

“Did you misplace your manners along with your sense of direction?  “

“ come on Lork its me “ Cyrus replied pulling chair and sinking in. not the least caring about the papers he was hiding. 

The man looked ordinary, probably in his twenties like him. his skin flickered changing to blue, his ears growing like flowers blooming. That was friend Lork the non-human

“Are those maps still about snooping around the bureau’s headquarters? “

“Yep. guess what? I have cracked it. I have got a plan to slide right under their radar and infiltrate their ranks. “He could see Lork facial muscle ease up as he approached pulling the maps out. “Here. If we ….” 

“Come on not this again, you know you’re no match for them. This obsession of yours is going to land you in serious trouble one day “Cyrus dismissed him not bothering to take a look.

He has only that in mind. How to break down the bureau. but is that even possible. That was the law in Arkania . everyone had to bow to them. it was a lost cause but no matter what I say he wouldn’t listen. 

“alright spill the beans . you didn’t just barge in here to gaze upon my dazzling presence, did you? what’s on your mind “Lork sat on the office table. his enigmatic face fell on Cyrus. 

“guilty “Cyrus replied. “I met her “he finally sight 

“wow, buddy, how did it go with your crush ? did you go in for smooth or chicken out at the last second “  Lork flared up. His eyes flickering in between blue and black.

“ bastard who ?  me chicken out ? it was a strategic retreat “ 

“Hum… so you didn’t kiss “ 

“Hey back off a bit will ya? “Cyrus pushed his head away. “where did you even pick up the idea  that people kiss the first time they meet “he asked incredulous.

“ it actually happens in all the series I have watched “ Lork replied his hand underneath his chin like he was deeply thinking 

Cyrus shook his head. 

This guy 

“ I see , the bastard “ Lork cracked his fist . his face turned in an horrible glare. If Cyrus wasn’t already used to him, he would have probably run with his tail in between. 

“I know it looks nuts, I definitely don’t know what to do now?  “Cyrus declared his gaze unfocused. He definitely hoped Lork could help him

“Listen up, I have got a genius plan tailor made just for you. brace yourself for some brilliance“ Lork suddenly declared