Episode 38

I'm currently in Mummy's room resting. Today was Rania's Tambaya and the grooms family just left. I've been going up and down and it finally caught up to me.

I was in the hot kitchen waiting for drinks when I instantly got dizzy, before I could hold unto something, I blacked out.

" Faduma jooji cadaadiska naftaada" She caressed my hair gently. ( Stop stressing yourself: in somali)

" Waayahay Mummy." I replied closing my eyes due to the hair massage she was giving me. ( Ok)

" When was the last time you had plaits in your hair?" She removed my ribbon.

" Last week." I replied.

" But Masha Allah, your hair is still the same, maybe even more but you see that your sister, she doesn't take care of it at all." She said shaking her head.

" Ai Rania, that girl is something else." I chuckled just as she came in.

" What did Rania do now?" She collapsed on the bed near me.

She asked how everything went and I was telling her how because of her, I fainted.

She felt so bad so that made me feel bad so I stopped exaggerating.

" Ke don't worry, I was over stressed dama." I chuckled at her.

" You should take it easy fa." Mummy said and I nodded.

It was getting late and Ahmad wasn't around so I contemplated and I decided we stay the night here. I can wear Rania's clothes and the twins have some clothes here.

I took a shower and slept with Mummy in her room.

The next day was relaxing, I don't know how Mummy let me sleep past dhuhr today. It was probably because she saw how tired I was yesterday. Today was Afrah's 7th birthday so I went out to get her birthday present.

I had already ordered some things for her but it wasn't arriving to Nigeria till tomorrow so I quickly got something that I will take with me.

I went with the twins and they got her a makeup kit, a bag, some new shoes and painting stuff. She loves to paint just like me.

It wasn't something really big that Kamilla planned but there were almost 30 people in that house.

We entered and the twins ran into Kamilla's hands immediately. Her mum was there so I went to greet her.

" Jam bandu na Dada" I crouched down.
( A form of fulani greeteing)

" Jam ni, noi sare?" She held my sholder.
( Fine, how is the house)

" Jam kodhume." ( Everything's fine.)

" Toh Madallah, Allah wadhu Baraka." ( May Allah instill Barakah)
I mumbled an Ameen and stood up.

I said Hi to some of her sisters and went back to the parlour.

" Ashkum!" Afrah yelled running to me.

" My babyy, you didn't even come look for me" I hugged her pecking her.

" I was, Guess what? I'm seven!" She said jumping and I also joined her sqealing. The rest of the people in the parlour were shaking their head smiling.

I gave her the gift and went to look for food.

I was hungry but didn't want to just get snacks so I saw Zulaiha( Kamilla's cook) making tuwo and miyan kuka so I told her to make it with me.

She finished in no time and I got a plate.

" Ke while everyone is eating pizza, your eating tuwo" Yusuf said and the rest laughed.