Chapter 5

THE NEXT DAY...

The sun was close to being fully set, it shimmering from behind the mutiple trees. The sky being a beautiful mix of purple fading to orange, the clouds peacefully flowing in the sky. The burning scent was fading the more I walked towards Jesse's house, spinning the same dagger I had stabbed Olivia with.

My right eye was covered with an eyepatch with a skull on it, a ragged poncho-like cape held together by a safety pin. I had picked up a decent sized rock, chucking it onto the spruce planked porch of Jesse's place. Jesse immediately opened the door in a panic, presumably hoping it was Lukas.

His worried expression faltering as he saw me at the bottom of the steps, the shiny dagger hidden away. "What do you want?" Jesse asked in a stern manner, not seeing the gruesome burn on my face. "Nothing, just stopping by." I answered, Jesse looking at me suspiciously.

"Have you seen Lukas? He's been gone for hours." Jesse questioned, cutting to the chase. I laughed internally, flashing a grin at him. "I actually have." I remarked. "Really! Where!?" Jesse demanded. I chuckled.

"Don't worry, he's fine now." I answered, making Jesse panic and pissed. "What did you do!?" He demanded, his foot thumping loudly against the planks as he exited from the doorframe of his home. I chuckled even more, walking up the steps.

"Don't worry, you'll join him soon." I added. His heart immediately sank, his eyes widening in pure rage. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?" Jesse yelled. I stayed silent, smirking. "Just a bit of trickery." I added menacingly, grabbing the dagger and spinning it.

It clicked immediately as he saw the blade, tearing up, shaking. "Y-YOUR A FUCKING MONSTER!!!" He screamed. I stopped spinning the dagger, looking straight at him. "I'M THE MONSTER!?" I snapped angrily, slamming my hand against the spruce railings.

"YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND, JESSE!! YOU DITCHED ME BECAUSE OF THE JACKASS!! YET I'M THE PROBLEM!?" I continued. "THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU FUCKING MURDER PEOPLE, AXEL!!" He screamed back. I pinned him to the ground, holding the dagger high, facing Jesse.

"Maybe if my own fucking friends cares about me, THEY WOULD HAVE FUCKING STAYED INSTEAD OF LEAVING ME FOR SOME DAMN ASSHOLE OF A FUCKING HUMAN!!" I screamed, continously stabbing him over and over, blocking out the horror filled screams.

After the final stab, I pulled it out harshly, breathing heavily. My heart sank as I saw what I had done. He was bleeding immensely, the planks being covered in crimson red blood from the repeated stabbing, blood all over his chest and a bit on his face, blood covering me. He coughed weakly, struggling to breath, tears streaming down his face.

He stared right at me, but instead of the cold, angry stare from at first, it had softened, looking heartbroken. He stampered out something. "I-I don't even k-know who you a-are anymore..." He cried, before his eyes fluttered shut. I broke down in tears, realizing what I had done.

I had killed him. I fucking killed my own best friend. I dropped the dagger, looking at my blood soaken hands. He was right... I was a monster.