Chapter 7

I kept bashing my head against my fist, the image of Jesse spuddering blood burned in my head. I regretted what I did. I wished I didn't act so impulsively- or intrusive, I could never tell the difference.-. The words he stampered before taking his final breath replaying in my head.

"I don't even know who you are anymore."

I felt horrible. I sighed then stood up from the bed I was sitting on, furious with myself. How could I have been so STUPID. I walked over to the coat rack near the door that lead it's way out of the place, grabbing my flannel. I held it in my hands, clenching it till my knuckles turned white as I saw the blood stains on it.

A permanent reminder of what I'd done. I started tearing up as the interaction with Jesse banged through my head. I looked at a reflective window, seeing my reflection as clear as day. My eyes widened as I saw something was wrong. I wasn't alone.

I saw Jesse, but he looked like a ghost. His eyes all black and mouth just completely gone, the horrid stab wound in the middle of his chest. It was all all gorey and bloody. He was all grey and white, no bright colors in it. It looked like he was behind me. I turned around immediately, Jesse's ghost disappearing from my view.

I turned around immediately, seeing no sign of him. I stared back at the reflective window at right were Jesse was, finding nothing. I rubbed my eyes, looking back at the spot he was in. Still nothing. I thought I was going insane, but I swore I saw him.

I never believed in paranormal stuff, I always thought it was fiction. But this, I don't know how to disprove this. I sighed, tearing up more, bashing my head against the wall. "I've really fucked up this time, huh?" I muttered, trying to hold back tears from flowing free. I put on the flannel, walking out of the house and onto the streets of BoomTown.

Explosions from left and right, being much more chaotic from the old, peaceful Beacontown. It was normally like music to my ears, except the cries for help, then I'd get involved. But this time, it was much more like a painful stab, the explosion reminding me of the probably millions of corpses in Beacontown. I just hoped that a walk and some fresh air cleared my mind.

***

I was exploring BoomTown, trying not to run into any griefers. All these explosions and booming was making my ears bleed. How could Axel deal with all this chaos? Luckily enough, he was an easy target to spot. He stood out in a crowd, being extremely tall and large. He did always look intimidating.

I clenched the diamond sword in my burnt arm, walking towards him and pushing back any ongoing civilians or griefers. No one was going to stop me now. I had come this far, I'm not giving up yet. I couldn't help think about the past, how before all this, I had barely knew him.

Jesse had introduced me to him, but I was always too scared to talk with him by how much taller he was to me. I never knew how to think about him. Until now, after all the shit he's pulled. The big fire in Beacontown had only a handful of survivors, including me. I shoved and budged my way towards Axel, staring him down. He took everything away from me. He deserved to burn in hell.

The moment I was in reach, I twirled the sword around in my hands, lunging it into Axel's back as he yelled in agony and collapsed onto his knees, gasping for air. I firmly placed my foot into his back, sinking the blade deeper, making his yell more. I knew people were watching, I didn't care.

Nothing could stop me. They could of even been yelling the must hurtful thing alive and I wouldn't turn an eye. I roughly pulled the crimson-stained diamond sword from out his back as he coughed up blood. He looked straight at me, his eyes filled wither anger. "Y-YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!" He screamed in ragged breaths.

"I did what I had to." I replied, just as emotionless as he did when he muttered those heartless words to me. I could tell I shocked him as his eyes widened, coughing up more blood. I never had really acted this cold nor heartless to anyone, the closest being to Stella.

"B-BURN IN HELL!!!" He screamed in a raspy voice, until coughing up even more blood, but in larger amounts. He was growing weaker and weaker by the second, the amount of blood on the ground increasing before he finally collapsed. Even more blood dripped from his mouth even after being unconscious.

I killed him. He's dead. The horrified screams of civilians and shocked cries of griefers rang through my ears. I looked down, giving a menacing glare Axel's dead corpse.

"I fucking hate him."