Chapter 28 - The End Of A Beginning

After about an hour of Aizawa rambling about the upcoming training camp your class was going to, the door of the classroom opened, revealing three of your beaten-up friends. Everyone's eyes filled with excitement upon seeing them all, finally.

Aizawa stopped talking mid-sentence when he saw Principal Nezu with Vienna, Shoto, and Iida. They were all bandaged up and it looked like a lot of damage had been done to each of them from the villain.

"Hello, Shota and students. Your classmates have returned to campus." Nezu said, standing before them. Vienna smiled gently and slowly raised her good arm to greet everyone. Her other arm was in a sling, and she had a bandage on her cheek. Todoroki and Iida stood next to each other with tired expressions.

You couldn't imagine how difficult it probably was to have to stay in the hospital for that long. Little did you know that this was only the start of countless hospital stays and visits throughout the rest of the year.

"Welcome back you three. Hope being back home is better than the hospital." Aizawa said. Iida had a defeated look on his face as if he'd failed to accomplish his underlying goal of going after the Hero Killer in the first place.

Todoroki simply looked tired, he expressed no real emotion about the situation. At least, not that you could notice.

Vienna appeared to be optimistic about it, which you secretly admired. She always managed to seek a positive outlook on any situation. It was no doubt that she had a big heart. You would never forget the conversation you had with her that one night of the Halloween party and how willing she was to give you advice and simply help you out in general.

"Holy crap—you guys are way more beaten up than I thought!" Denki voiced from across the room. Vienna sheepishly smiled, "It's.. a long story," she briefly conveyed. Aizawa huffed, "Did you forget what I just said at the start of class, Kaminari?" Aizawa shot the electric blonde a dull look.

"Since we need a reminder—like I said, don't give them too much crap." Aizawa repeated, directing it mainly at Denki while shooting him a glare. Denki slumped back into his chair, shaking his head slightly.

Vienna, Todoroki, and Iida all went back to their seats. You couldn't help but notice the variety of wounds and bandages each of them had, and that was just on their revealed skin. You couldn't even begin to imagine the wounds under their clothes.

Jude had a blank look on his face but had his eyebrows furrowed. He almost looked conflicted in a way—you couldn't exactly put his expression into words, but he looked melancholic in a way. You couldn't read him this time, and you usually believed you could read him pretty well.

Everyone tried not to pay much attention to them after they had sat down, presumably because of how Aizawa reacted when Denki pointed out how injured they seemed.

Jirou slid you a piece of paper as Aizawa began teaching again,

Jirou: 'They look pretty beaten up, no?'

(Y/N): 'Yea they do I feel so bad but I really wanna know what happened'

Jirou didn't write back anything and simply nodded in response to what you'd written. Your eyes darted back forward in an attempt to pay attention to what was happening at the front of the classroom.

Aizawa began babbling on about how the upcoming training camp with the Pro Hero's: The Pussycats, was going to help enhance everyone's overall quirk abilities and help turn weaknesses into strengths and blah, blah, blah.

You were excited about the training camp and all—but your mind kept darting back to the odd atmosphere right now.

After class was over, Aizawa advised everyone to begin packing a bag for about a week's stay at the training camp, so you made sure to remind yourself to head back to your apartment to grab a few extra things you didn't bring to your new dorm room.