[64] WHAT ARE WE?

FRIDAY

"yooo i'm going to class now." you tell sakusa, grabbing your keys on the way to the door.

sakusa's sat on the couch, watching the tv as he has no class this morning.

"hey. can we talk?" he asks suddenly.

you turn around, your signature smile flashing across your face, "why? wanna make babies? later, sakusa."

sakusa doesn't seem to catch your banter this time because he looks down at his lap. he's not acting his usual sardonic himself. he'd normally give you a smart remark back but this time, it was a different reaction.

something must be wrong.

"it's not that." he says.

with the confirmed thought something was bothering him, you sit by him, waiting for him to start.

class can wait.

"what is it, sakusa?"

"i've just been wondering," he starts and he sighs, "what exactly are we?"

it shouldn't have caught you by surprise but the question still brought the intimate sensation of butterflies swarming your stomach. you stare into his coal eyes, trying to make sense of them. this was most definitely a question not for you to answer.

it was about him.

"i've been meaning to ask that..." you reply.

"i don't know—would you actually date me?" sakusa asks.

"of course i would sakusa! why would you ask me that when we been through all that?"

"date me then." he says simply.

you stare at him, eyes widening. it was literally thrown at you, you were unsure how to react.

"why are you thinking?"

the thoughts spur around your head.

"yes." you answer.

"really?"

you nodded and without another thought, you hastily pressed your lips against his.

you were waiting for this for so long. years. and now that it was here, you were not letting go of the opportunity again.

sakusa was still for a second, then, he wraps his arms around your waist and kisses you back.  they were soft as they pressed against you. you felt your heart beat a thousand times faster but at the same time, you could feel the relief piercing between the both of you. an iceberg of question someone finally broke, it was all finally sorted.

you and sakusa were officially together.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

editing my 14 year old writing pains me guys