• 002 •

"Hey," Woojin said, his tone casual but his eyes sharp

"Hey," Woojin said, his tone casual but his eyes sharp. "How are you finding the party?"

"It's... interesting," I replied, unsure of what to say.

He smirked. "Interesting, huh? You know, it's rare to see Jae-i take someone under her wing like this."

I shrugged, feeling a bit uncomfortable under his gaze. "I guess I'm just lucky."

Woojin laughed softly. "Maybe. Or maybe she sees something in you. Either way, enjoy yourself. These parties can be a lot of fun if you let them."

Woojin started looking at me strangely as he grabbed a drink from behind him and handed it to me. I shook my head, trying to decline politely. "I really can't drink," I said, hoping he would understand.

But Woojin didn't budge. His expression remained firm as he brought the glass to my lips, practically forcing me to drink.

Feeling trapped and not wanting to cause a scene, I took a small sip, the unfamiliar taste burning slightly as it went down.

"There you go," Woojin said, a satisfied smirk playing on his lips. "See? Not so bad."

I nodded hesitantly, feeling the warmth of the alcohol spreading through me. "Thanks," I muttered, not sure what else to say.

But he kept handing me drinks, one after another, and I started to feel dizzy. My vision blurred slightly, and I desperately looked around, hoping to catch sight of Jae-i, but she was nowhere to be seen. The party's noise and lights became more overwhelming as I struggled to keep my balance.

Woojin noticed my state and leaned closer, his breath warm against my ear. "You look like you need to rest. Come on, I'll take you to a quiet room," he said, his tone deceptively gentle.

Too disoriented to protest, I let him guide me through the throng of people. My feet felt heavy, and the world around me spun. I clung to Woojin for support, my mind foggy and confused.

Without my knowing, Jae-i had left the party, leaving me alone with Woojin. I didn't understand why she had gone or where she was, but at that moment, I felt a pang of panic mixed with the growing haze of intoxication.

Woojin led me to a room at the back of the house, away from the noise and chaos of the party. He opened the door and gently helped me inside. "Here, you can lie down and rest," he said, his voice soft but with an edge I couldn't quite place.

I stumbled towards the bed and collapsed onto it, the room spinning around me. Woojin's figure loomed over me, and I struggled to keep my eyes open, feeling a wave of exhaustion wash over me.

Woojin kept looking at her, his hand resting heavily on her shoulder. He brushed a stray lock of hair from her face, his fingers lingering on her skin as he examined her features.