• 007 •

Ellie woke up feeling someone breathing on her neck, only to find it was Rian, who had snuggled close to her during the night

As she blinked sleepily, she felt a strong urge to examine his features in the soft morning light but decided against it. Instead, she gently pushed him, causing him to groan and begin waking from his sleep.

Rian looked around the unfamiliar room, trying to gather his bearings. He saw Ellie quietly slipping out of bed, dressing herself with quick, practiced movements. She then headed to the kitchen, leaving him feeling both groggy and confused.

"What time is it?" he asked, his voice thick with sleep. He glanced at the clock, realizing it was only 6 AM. Reaching for his phone on the nightstand, he noticed a text from Hera. He hesitated for a moment before deciding to ignore it, feeling that dealing with it could wait.

Ellie moved around the kitchen with ease, the early morning light casting a warm glow over her. She seemed completely unbothered by his presence, her demeanor calm and casual.

"I think you should go home, Rian," Ellie said, her tone steady and detached, as if nothing had transpired between them. She didn't meet his eyes, instead focusing on making coffee.

Rian felt a pang of discomfort at her words. He had hoped for a different reaction, something more tender or at least a hint of acknowledgment of the night they had shared.

Instead, her indifference stung, making him look away awkwardly. He sat on the edge of the bed, trying to process his emotions while watching her move about the kitchen, the scent of brewing coffee filling the room.

As he slowly got dressed, he couldn't shake the feeling of disappointment. The silence between them felt heavy, laden with unspoken thoughts and feelings.

He wanted to say something to bridge the gap, to make sense of what had happened, but the words wouldn't come. Instead, he finished dressing, grabbed his phone, and walked towards the door.

"Ellie, about last night..." he started, hoping to find some closure.

But Ellie just looked at him briefly, her expression unreadable. "It's fine, Rian. Let's just leave it at that," she said softly, turning her attention back to the coffee pot.

With a sigh, Rian nodded and headed out, the morning air feeling strangely cold and uninviting as he left her apartment.