• 013 •

It had been a few days, but Ellie still hadn't woken up, which made Rian really worried

It had been a few days, but Ellie still hadn't woken up, which made Rian really worried. For days, he hadn't left her side, watching over her, afraid that the intruder might return.

As he realized what he was feeling, he made a bold decision to go to his mother and make his intentions clear. In her study room, he walked up to her and bluntly said,

"Mom, I'm dating Song Ellie. It's been a while, and I should have told you about this sooner," he admitted, even though it was only a half-truth since they had just fixed their relationship after pretending to be a couple.

His mother sighed and looked at him sternly. "All the rights and privileges in the world come with responsibilities, Rian. As the heir, you must shoulder the burden that comes with your path, especially when it comes to matters of survival and the family's future," she said, but Rian cut her off.

"Mom, I have no intention of ending up like you and Dad, in a loveless marriage, exchanging pleasantries a couple of times a year," he said, sighing deeply and looking her in the eye.

"I want to create a family where we are genuinely happy, even if we face big problems in our lives. I want to share meals that a family enjoys together, like eating ramyeon, watching movies on a cozy couch, and reading books until I fall asleep. I want to be happy," he declared, causing his mother to pause. "I want to date someone and be happy," he said again, making his mother laugh.

"Date someone you like? I suppose that does seem to be a part of your age, but Rian, you'll soon realize that such youthful naivety and emotional trickery are incredibly trivial," she responded, but Rian retorted.

"I don't care what you think, Mom. I need Ellie, even if it costs me being the heir of Soojin High. I want her, and only her, and I hope I’ve made myself clear," he stated firmly before leaving his mother's study room.

 I want her, and only her, and I hope I’ve made myself clear," he stated firmly before leaving his mother's study room

On the other side of town, on a rainy night, Woojin arrived at his condominium and noticed Ms. Han's car parked outside. The sight made him pause, remembering that the car had been involved in a hit-and-run incident.