• 009 •

The next day, Ellie sat alone in the quiet classroom, her grip tight on her cellphone. Instead of a book, she was absorbed in watching a video of Kim In Ha being brutally confronted by Changmin. Changmin's voice reverberated through the video, filled with anger and accusation as he repeatedly struck In Ha.

Ellie winced, feeling the intensity of the blows vicariously through the screen. "You bastard, hanging out with Jae-i," Changmin's voice echoed, each word hitting In Ha like a physical blow.

"Stay away from her, you idiot," Changmin added, his voice dripping with venom as he delivered another harsh blow.

As Ellie sat there, her mind racing with concern for In Ha, Hera entered the classroom. Quickly hiding her phone, Ellie watched as Hera confidently strode to the seat in front of her.

"For a scholarship student like you, you seem to enjoy reading," Hera remarked with a hint of mockery, her tone laced with amusement.

"What do you want, Hera?" Ellie asked nonchalantly, though her eyes betrayed a storm of emotions swirling beneath the surface.

Hera's smirk widened. "Shouldn't you be thanking me?" she teased, her tone dripping with superiority.

Ellie looked at her, puzzled. "For what?" she inquired, her voice steady but guarded.

"For attempting to calm down, for looking after you with Rian the other day," Hera replied smoothly, her eyes glinting with a mix of challenge and amusement.

Hera leaned in closer, her voice dropping to a dangerous whisper. "And for hiding the fact that you've been best friends with Kang In Ha since elementary school. Why, Ellie? Did you come to this school to dig up more dirt?" she taunted, a self-satisfied smirk playing on her lips.

Ellie's facade of calm cracked slightly, a flicker of irritation crossing her features. "You know what, Hera? You're barking up the wrong tree. Don't think you can scare me with your blackmail. Don't test me, Hera," she shot back, her voice tinged with defiance.

She took a deep breath, steadying herself. "And I don't care if you tell Rian about it," she added firmly, meeting Hera's gaze squarely.

Hera's smile widened, her eyes gleaming with malice. "Ellie, you should just give it up. Leave Rian alone. I know you're just using him to get revenge for what happened to In Han at Jae-i's hands," she goaded, her voice dripping with accusation.

Ellie couldn't help but chuckle bitterly, the sound echoing in the tense silence between them. "Leave him alone," she retorted sharply, her words cutting through the air like a knife.

She met Hera's gaze with a steely look, her jaw set in determination. "Hera, I'm not thanking any of you . If anything you should do , you should be ashamed of yourself. Acting like a jealous bitch, ready to pounce because I have Rian for myself ," Ellie stated bluntly, her voice laced with a mix of anger and frustration.