• 003 •

"What was that all about? Was that kiss really necessary?" Rian questioned, his tone edged with frustration, while Jae-i remained cool and composed, meeting his gaze with an icy stare.

"What do you mean by 'show'? The kiss?" Jae-i asked calmly, taking a sip of her tea. Rian gritted his teeth, his impatience clear.

"I've already made myself perfectly clear to you," Jae-i continued, her voice steady. "What I like and what I choose to do has nothing to do with you."

Rian's frustration mounted. "You like that guy, the scholarship kid. What's really going on here?" he demanded, struggling to understand the situation.

"What's the real reason you suddenly called it off? Why are you involving the new kid?" Rian pressed, his tone intense. Jae-i remained nonchalant, her expression unreadable.

"You said you'd rather die than tell me the truth, but I need to know, Jung Jae-i," Rian insisted, his voice tinged with desperation. "I'm not letting you get away without an explanation."

He paused, his thoughts briefly interrupted by a flashback of the night he had kissed another woman. The memory jolted him, and he sighed deeply, realizing the complexity of their situation.

Without another word, he abruptly left the room, unaware that Ellie had been listening intently to their entire conversation.

As Rian strode down the hallway with purpose, one of his loyal goons, Yun seok , trailed silently behind him. In a hushed voice, Yun seok muttered.

"I'll take care of that punk quietly." Rian abruptly halted in his tracks, pivoting on his heel to face his subordinate. However, his attention was diverted when he noticed Ellie walking past them, book in hand.

"No, not quietly," Rian declared firmly, his gaze following Ellie's path down the corridor. "I want everyone to know. He needs to learn that every action has consequences."

Ellie remained seated at her desk, immersed in her book, seemingly oblivious to the escalating tension permeating the classroom

Ellie remained seated at her desk, immersed in her book, seemingly oblivious to the escalating tension permeating the classroom. Yun-seok's voice shattered the uneasy silence, causing her classmates to flinch in fear.