Chapter 35

Mei didn't want to look the information that she got from the PI when Haru is still wide awake, and so she waited until Haru fell asleep.
She tuck him and caress his hair. she thought that Haru will soon be with his real family and she is a happy but a bit sad at the same time.
She took her laptop at the her desk and proceed to walks out from her room.
She went to the living room and put her laptop at the coffee table.
She went to her work beg and took out the flash drive, then she went and seat at the sofa.
When her laptop final ready, she insert the flash drive and wait until the file shown, and went it di.
She look all the information that has been put on just on file.

She look serious because all of the info that she got is not something to be taken lightly, she felt heartache for the child.
She couldn't read the information any further because she felt like crying.
Mei calm herself down and think how will she inform this to Haru, she love the boy so much and treat him like her own son. A child that has light up her world for the past weeks.
It's hard but she must do what is right and her thoughts were on Haru's grandparent.
They deserve to know about it.
She decide to tell Haru tomorrow morning when they both have breakfast.
Mei turn off her laptop and walks towards her bedroom, once she's inside her bedroom.
She could see that Haru is sleeping soundly, she approach to him and look at the child for awhile, she smile and caress his hair gently.
Things would be okay, she thought.
Then she proceed to climb on her bed and rest for the night.

Few hours later......

Mei woke up early like she usual did.
She clean up her bed and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.
Once she was done she then proceed to the kitchen and went to take out all the ingredient for their breakfast she wasn't her usual self because she felt nervous all of the sudden.
She doesn't breakfast reaction will Haru be once she tell him that she had investigate about him and his families.
While she cooked she heard the sound of footstep..she look behind and find that Haru already at the kitchen table.
"Good morning.." Mei smile
"Morning" Said Haru he still felt a bit sleepy but he wanted to have breakfast with Mei since the only time that they could talk is during breakfast and dinner together.

Mei ask Haru to brush his teeth first and take a shower, he did just as he was told.
It only took 10 minutes for Haru to brush his teeth and took a shower by the time Haru put on his clothes. Mei already finished preparing their breakfast on the dining table.
She then wait for Haru to got out from the room and then they could start eating.

During their time eating breakfast, Mei decided that it is time to tell Haru about what she had found out during her hiring a private investigator about him and his family.
As soon as Haru heard about what Mei had said, his body stiff. He stop eating and just look at his plate and stare at it.
This behaviour made Mei panic, because she knows that talking about his family would trigger something inside Haru. Mei approach Haru and bend down to see what expression is on Haru's face.
She could see that Haru is holding back the tears, Mei couldn't hold back and hug him then she said

"I'm sorry if this made you feel uncomfortable, but I need to know this things little one. I'm sure your grandparents must be worried for you. This isn't your fault, this is the fault of the adults one.
Mei felt anger inside her, adults sometimes can be heartless to kids. Without thinking the consequences that will bring impact to the kids.
Haru hug her tightly, he just want to have a normal life at the time when his parent was still alive.
But fated play it's part, his parent die and then his aunt take him but in the end he was abandoned.
He was great full to Mei because she had help him when he was still on the street.
Now when she told him about her investigating his family, that made him shocked. It wasn't because she found out about where his family is but it seems like she wanted him to go back to where his family is.

He wanted to be with her but she doesn't want him. What should he do?
"Do you hate me being here?" Haru ask softly at Mei.
"No, I don't hate it but I'm sure your other family is worried about you since you been with me for several weeks now. Don't you want to see them again?" Mei ask.
Of course he misses his grandparents but he felt comfortable living here with Mei and he never thought of going back even though his grandparents or other family have the right to take him back again in their family but he doesn't want that.
He likes living with Mei now and he never once thought that he would be living with his other family or grandparents at all.

Seeing how much Haru is holding back at his tears broke Mei's heart but she decided to be upfront with it. She knew that no matter how much she wanted him to stay with her, she wasn't related to him and sooner or later, she have to return Haru to his family.
"It is better to be with your real family, and you know that I'm also a stranger right? How about meeting your grandparent first and see what happen after that. Your grandparent probably worry sick about you."
Mei try to coax Haru.
In the end, Haru agree to meet with his grandparent since this is also the best, he didn't want to make them worry sick about him since he had gone missing for a long time.

****A T****
New chapter is here, author is taking a long break which is why this story hasn't been update for a few months.
Anyway, in a rush to update this story so sorry about the mess up word or wrong words that been typing here.
Enjor reading this chapter, author will try her best to complete this story.