Dismay

PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING!

It's come to my attention that Wattpad has been randomly rearranging the chapters of this book. I've made several attempts to correct the issue and have reached out to Wattpad Support for assistance.

This is Chapter 3. If you haven't reached this point in the story yet, reading further may spoil important plot points.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as I work to resolve this. I apologize for any confusion this may cause.

With love,
Your Author ♥

____________________________________________________________________________

The once lively streets of Silverglade Village were now thrown into chaos. 

People screamed and scattered in every direction, their faces etched with fear as they fled from the encroaching darkness.

You gripped the reins of your horse tightly, trying to calm its nerves as you scanned the scenario unfolding around you. 

The lights flickered ominously, casting long, dancing shadows that seemed to twist with malevolence. Shadows emerged from alleyways and around corners, their glowing eyes fixed on the fleeing villagers.

With a deep breath, you dismounted, determination hardening your resolve. Your boots echoed against the cobblestones as you moved towards the nearest group of people, your heart pounding in sync with the urgency of the situation.

A guttural growl rang through the air, and from the shadows emerged twisted, nightmarish figures. Their forms were a grotesque distortion of human shapes, elongated limbs ending in razor-sharp claws that dripped with a viscous, dark substance. Their eyes burned with an unnatural malevolent light, casting eerie glows in the surrounding darkness.

The air grew thick with a suffocating aura of dread as the shadows advanced. Their movements were unnaturally fluid and silent, their forms shifting and underling like dark smoke in the wind. 

A chilling whispering sound filled the air, like a thousand voices murmuring in unison, promising doom and despair.

You raised your hands, feeling the familiar surge of magic coursing through you.

The shadows seemed to drink in the light, twisting it into a sickly glow that only intensified their sinister appearance. 

The other Soul Riders, sensing the dire threat, formed a protective circle around the fleeing villagers, their magic sparking to life in a desperate attempt to hold back the attack.

The first shadow lunged at you with lightning speed. 

You conjured a barrier of light just in time, but the shadow's claw scraped against the magical shield with a screech that sent shivers down your spine. Its twisted, contorted face sneered with hatred as it recoiled, only to be replaced by more of its kind, emerging from the shadows like a relentless tide of nightmares. 

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw your horse kick and rear, trying to fend off a shadow that had gotten too close.

A particularly large shadow advanced, its form towering over the others. It raised a clawed hand, swiping at you with a force that sent you sprawling to the ground. 

Pain shot through your body, but you forced yourself to rise, ignoring the throbbing in your side.

The creature towered over you, ready to deliver a fatal blow.

At that moment, a brilliant burst of color and light exploded from the shadows. 

A figure stepped forward, his presence commanding and enigmatic. He as if materialized in a flash of light, his presence commanding and his eyes ablaze with determination.