Chapter 26

Reality.

My mouth parted as I stare at him narrowing my eyes. I can feel that he is nervous. He heaved a deep sigh when I didn't speak. My lower lip lift up to form a small smile while staring at his hand. His grip on the drinks he was holding tighten that made his veins visible.

I snorted, why is he nervous? He's just asking me for a date but he looked like going to faint. I took another step to get near him while folding my arms in front of my chest.

"Sure. You look tensed, Michael. You are sweating so hard. Are you nervous? That I might not accept it." I said playfully.

I grinned when he check put his palm on his forehead checking if what am saying is true.

"Just kidding." I release a wide smile and winked at him.

I was chuckling happily while walking as I remember his face when he found out I was just kidding him. He look like a puppy—cute.

I thought Michael would still used his motorcycle but he didn't. Maybe he realize that I'm not yet ready to ride on that vehicle after the incident. And he's  right doing that because he will never convince me again to ride to his motorcycle. The trauma it cause to me still lingering on my chest.

A gray sedan appear in front of me as I got out from the campus gate. The car's window opened and it show Lev's face as it went down. He just nodded at me after he got off from the car. My forehead creased. Is he borrowing his friend's car again? Its fine if we'd just commute he doesn't need to.

I glance at Michael that now talking to Lev. He maybe notice that I was staring at him causing him to stared back at me. He said something to Lev before he came closer to me.

"Did you borrow his car? Is he not using it? You don't need to Michael. We can just commute or either I can call our driver." I murmured.

He sighed before he speak.

"Medyo malayo kasi ang pupuntahan natin, Tria baka hindi ka comfortable sa tricycle kung mag-commute tayo. Gusto kong komfortable ka sa saksakyan mo Tria. Huwag ka nang mag-aalala hindi naman ginagamit ni Lev ang kotse niya sa ngayon." He muttered that made me to shut.

Yes, he is right. I'm not comfortable in any public transportation because since then, our driver fetch me back and forth. But, I can try experiencing those new things so I can be with him.

"Okay. We are going, then? Is that far?"

Instead of answering me he opened the door of the car and mouthing me to go inside without answering my question. I have no choice but to went in. While Michael roamed around to the other side of the car to came inside the driver's seat.

"Sa lighthouse tayo pupunta, Tria." Michael uttered after he went inside.

My mouth parted in dazed. Amazement glistened in my eyes as I leered at him. Were going to lighthouse? I couldn't help but to pursued my lips. Excitement filled my emotions as he mentioned the lighthouse.

I want to go there a long time ago but I can't find a time to go there because of many plans I have with my friends. And I didn't even have the chance to tell them that I badly want to that place. And now, that Michael said we went there made me happy and excite. I suddenly felt overwhelmed. 

"Aren't you joking? We will going to the lighthouse, really? Right?" I asked in delight, restless in my seat.

Michael nodded quickly while his upper lip turned up as he stare at me with amusement filled in his eyes. My mouth parted.

"What?" Confusion was evident on my face as I asked him.

"Ang ganda mo kasi kahit anong expression ng mukha mo." He uttered that made my cheeks turned into crimson red.