៚𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 28࿐

As I was walking down the street, my eye caught a glimpse of boy in green, he seems to he stuck in a bush. With my curiosity piqued, I slowly approached him and soon realized it was Thorn. "Thorn?!" I exclaimed, seeing him trying to get out of a bush, by grabbing his leg I pried him out of the bush. "Wah!" Thorn fell backwards and rubbed his head, he shook the leaves off of his messy locks before smiling at me. "Y/n! Good to see you!" He grinned from ear to ear, how endearing. I couldn't help but smile back as I pull him up "Why were you stuck in a bush?" I asked as he dusted himself. "Oh, my carnival tickets flew away so I had to rush over and catch them" he explained, showing me the tickets he had bought. "Were you going to the carnival with someone?" I asked, I bet it was for Yaya. "Yeah! I wanted to come with one of my brothers, but it seems like they're all busy." He said, putting a smile despite his situation. "Huh? None of your brothers would want to accomodate you?" I asked in wonder, that's unusual for the boys to neglect Thorn.

"Well, they said we're all grown up now. And carnivals are just a waste of time, that I should focus on getting good grades than fool around." He giggled, "Maybe I should act my age" he concluded, but that felt like a sting for me. Thorn, he was smiling.

But I can see hurt in his eyes as he looked at the tickets in his hands. I've never seen pain in Thorn's eyes before.

I knitted my brows as I grab him by the shoulders "Don't say that, having to enjoy your youth is not something you should feel about. Who cares if you act like a kid? Life is too short to not enjoy your youth." I told him, as his bamby green eyes glazed listening to my words. "How about this? I'll go to the carnival with you instead. And I promise that we'll both enjoy it as if it was our last." I said, he looked at me with reluctance "Are you sure? I don't want to bother you just because I wanted to go to a carnival" He said, timidly fidgeting with the tickets in his hands. I grabbed his hands and nodded "Of course, you'll never be a bother to me, Thorn." I said with sincerity to prove that I truly want to spend time with him.

Thorn beamed as he suddenly held me up in my arms "Alright then, no take backsies" he chuckled as he used his vines to travel by swinging from one building to another. "A-are you sure this is safe?!" I asked, trying to remain calm as I wrapped my arms around his shoulder.

"Trust me, Y/n. I'll never let you fall." He said.

(Later at the carnival)

We arrived by the entrance, my hair was disheveled and all over my face and my heart was racing as if I was in verge of a heart attack. I leaned against the wall to compose myself as Thorn checked if I was alright, "Apologies, Y/n. I got carried away" He chuckled sheepishly. "I-it's fine..." I panted, fixing my hair before we both went into the carnival.

As we stepped into the carnival, I just knew that we'll have fun. Before I could even suggest where we should go first, Thorn had already grabbed my hand and brought me to several rides. I couldn't even catch up with his energy, we were both trying one ride after another. It was all a big dizzy mess for me, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. One of the observations I had with Thorn was that he'd always ask me if I had fun, or if he was being too much. He'd often ask me, I know that I should feel flattered that he's checking up on me. But I feel like he's being hysterical if he was acting too childish.

To end the day on a good note, I decided we go and ride the ferris wheel. Thorn was beyond ecstatic, he kept blabbering how he wanted to ride it for the longest time. As we reached the top, I looked into the breathtaking view right in front of me. The sun was setting down the horizon of the sea near the carnival. "Are you having fun, Y/n?" Thorn asked me, as he looked away from the view, with a worried smile on his lips. "Of course, why wouldn't I? It was the best time I've ever had." I answered sincerely.