𝟑.𝟎 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬
─────── ❀───────

The heels, the dress, the hair, the make up. It was all done. Perfect and pristine. Just how Taylor had imagined it. She wore a glamorous yet simple prom dress, a muted colour of blue which only made her eyes pop. She was wearing a necklace that her grandmother and mother had both worn, her heels were white with open toes, and her hair was pinned effortlessly up in an up do that had taken her hair dresser many hours and bobby pins to achieve. Her makeup was mostly natural, with a small winged eye liner and a nude lip, topped with a generous amount of blush. Her mother deemed she looked beautiful and couldn't quite believe her daughter was graduating high school. It hadn't been the most enthralling experience for Taylor, she really only had her one true friend, and that was Abigail, but she was excited to attend prom nevertheless. She even had a date, little Travis Kelce.

Travis was on the football team for the high school, he wasn't overly academic like Taylor and he really only attended the high school to pursue his passion to play for the NFL. He'd most definitely had the eyes for Taylor, ever since she was in his English class. English was probably her favourite lesson, she loved 19th century novels or creative writing, it reminded her a lot of song writing, which was a hobby that she occupied herself in every hour that she wasn't at school. However, for Travis, English class wasn't his best work, he was scraping the barrel to even pass, but it didn't help when a girl like Taylor was well and truly distracting his mind. She wasn't aware of his interest, even when he offered her some gum in order to get her attention or he would throw notes at her head, she unfortunately never took the time to read them. Travis was the class clown and she knew better than to entertain those kinds of people. She'd lost enough friends as it is, she couldn't commit to anyone else in case she ended up back at square one.

Yet, a few weeks back, Travis asked her to prom, very sweetly too, a bunch of flowers and box of chocolates sold her into giving in and saying yes, I'm sure he wasn't that bad. It's not that Taylor didn't think he was good looking, because it was no secret that he was, but it was almost as though he was too pretty, like he used his good looks to sleep with a girl and then leave them for someone else.

So when there was a knock at the door, Taylor knew who it was, her mother answered, and she heard Travis' voice clearly as she made her way down the stairs. All eyes darted to her, her dad being immensely proud of his daughter, she really did look beautiful and it hit hard that she wasn't his little girl anymore. Taylor clocked that Travis even had a pale blue tie, one that matched her dress perfectly. She shot him a warm smile, as he held a bunch of roses out to her.

" oh thank you, you didn't have to " she told him, accepting this kind gesture but he only shook his head with a playful smile

" you look beautiful " he complimented

She thanked him once again before she bid goodbye to her family once they had taken a few photos on the outside step. Travis was driving them to prom, he had hired a fancy car just for the occasion. The ride was intimate, a small buzz of conversation and a few bubbles of laughter as Travis cracked jokes. Perhaps Taylor had underestimated him, maybe he was actually a nice guy? But she couldn't be sure of it yet. Besides, they weren't even together, this was simply just a date to prom.

As far as prom went, it was a fun evening, Taylor mostly stuck by Abigail and her boyfriend, and Travis often lingered around Taylor also. Towards the end of the night, most couples began dancing together and Travis offered a hand to Taylor to which she took, as he guided her to the dance floor. The began to sway slowly in time with each other, like most of the others were also doing.