𝟐:𝟏 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬
───────❀───────
Travis's pov

If you told me two years ago I'd be getting ready to go to the vmas with Taylor Swift as my date, I would've laughed completely and utterly in your face; which seems funny really when you think about it, I mean, she is my wife, has been for 6 months now, but it doesn't make it any more believable. We'd been together a little over 2 years now, finally tying the knot back in April, a small, private day, with just us and our family/close friends. There was no more than 50 of us. Taylor took my breath away when I was stood at the alter watching her walk down, her father's arm looped within hers, her dress trailing perfectly behind her. I'd honestly quote it as one of the best days of my life.

This would be my first time attending the vmas, Taylor had released a new album back in March and it had topped the charts, even further than what the tortured poets department had back in 2024. To say I was proud of Taylor would be an understatement, I was beyond proud, and I knew the swifties would probably kill me for saying it but I was her number one fan, and will continue to be till the day we die.

I looked at myself in our closet mirror, fumbling with my cuff links that matched my suit for the evening. Taylor was in her dressing room, getting her hair and make up done. I didn't require that much attention, and honestly Taylor didn't either, not in my eyes, but that girl got whatever she needed if it was down to me, and even if I didn't think she needed any make up or her hair doing, I wasn't going to stop her. My attire was pretty simple tonight, a navy suit with a white shirt, a step up from my football gear, and if I was going to give myself credit, I'd say I looked pretty good.

But Taylor, oh Taylor, she, well I was nothing in par to her. She'd kept her outfit for tonight secret from me, not letting me even have a peak but I couldn't help it, sneaking into her dressing room as her stylist was bent down to the ground, doing the buckle up on her heels, a few others at her head helping her decide which earrings went best. My breath caught in my throat, almost as bad as it had on our wedding day, she looked phenomenal. Her hair was tied back in an effortless up do, a few stray pieces round the edge, and although it looked effortless, I was sure it has taken her stylist hours to achieve. The dress she wore was a moonstone grey, a simple, but fitting look, with gemstones embroidered down the edges, fanning out around her legs, a small slit in the side, where you could see her foot clad in silver heels poking out. It was elegant yet so flattering on her, and my grin grew even wider as she turned, chuckling at me for sneak peeking, her dress clutching at her rounded, 9 month baby bump.

" staring is going to get you no where tonight Kelce " she giggled, showing me a first glimpse of her make up for the night. A shimmering silver eye, her classic black wing and red lip topping it off.

" you. Oh my Tay, you look gorgeous " I gawp, my jaw hanging low like it was stuck there.

" and you don't look too bad yourself, whose the lucky girl you're taking to the awards tonight? " Taylor jokes, coming closer to me as her stylists had clearly finished.

" oh not anyone important or special, just the music industry for the 3rd year running, I don't suppose you've heard of her really " my hand traces to her bump, circling over it as I feel a gentle kick, my smile growing into one that could rival the cheshire cat.

" oh is that so? Shame. I'm sure she wouldn't like how your hands are all over another woman's bump huh? " Taylor rose an eyebrow

" it's quite hard when that woman is the most drop dead gorgeous woman I've ever laid my eyes on, and I'm kinda glad I get to call her my wife " I say, going into peck Taylor's lips, but she quickly dodges me, shooing me away and saying she can't mess up her make up. I furrowed my eyebrows, disappointed but understanding she wanted to look pristine for the event.