𝟐.𝟐 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬
───────❀───────
Taylor's pov

" hi bubs " I coo quietly at Jace, his blue eyes staring back at me from his bassinet, so awake they are almost lighting up the whole room. The last 3 months had been the most amazing yet exhausting 3 months of my life, and Jace had very quickly become accustomed to the nickname of our little night owl. I was convinced he was nocturnal, and it was rare if I got more than 4 hours of sleep a night, but I absolutely adored him and his cuteness made up for it. He flashed me a toothless smile when he heard my voice, his paci falling out in the process. One thing about him, he wasn't really a cryer, of course he did cry if he was properly hungry, but he wasn't an overly fussy baby, despite being up for most hours of the night. " are you hungry little night owl? " I ask gently, sliding my hands under his back, lifting him out of his bassinet. I released his arms free from his swaddle, knowing he would get agitated if they were kept in whilst he ate. He was a pretty good eater, latching fine and eating just as much as he should.

" oh is he up again? " Travis mumbled, turning to face us as his eyes slowly opened, i was pretty sure it was Jace's loud suckling that woke him up, he was a loud little eater.

" yeah but I've got it, you go back to sleep. Big day today " I told Travis who sighed at my stubbornness, but eventually agreed. Today was Jace's first ever chiefs game, he hadn't been to one yet since he was born back in September. I'd only been to 1 without him, and I stressed the whole time, barely focusing on the game, just worried about my 2 month old even though I knew he was in safe hands with my parents. But today, we were finally biting the bullet and I was going to bring him with me.

It took a while, but eventually after a feed, Jace drifted back off to sleep and I just kept him laying between Travis and I, knowing it probably wasn't good to let him get used to it, but I was so tired and I didn't want to risk him waking again. I alerted Travis that Jace was there, and he groaned, turning over and protectively cuddling up to him.

I think I managed another hour or so of sleep before the baby woke up again and I looked at the clock, seeing it was now 5am and deciding that bedtime for us was over, taking Jace into my arms and slipping my slippers onto my feet, padding my way out of our bedroom and into Jace's nursery.

" how about some early morning tummy time, huh Jacey? " I ask him as if he was going to respond, I laid one of his blankets on the floor – it had foxes and owls embroidered all over it – and I carefully placed him there, on his belly. He whimpered for a moment, but I placed a little toy in front of him, one where it actually had a mirror like material on one of the ears, and he quite enjoyed staring at himself, making little babbles as if he was talking to another baby. I giggled at his cuteness, watching him try to reach for the toy but he soon grew frustrated, crying out in annoyance. " okay, okay. I understand " I told him, lifting him off the blanket and laying him against my chest where he calmed slightly, but not fully, and I knew what he wanted. Sighing, I lifted my pyjama shirt – it was actually one of travis' shirts that I'd stolen back when I was pregnant and never returned – and Jace soon latched, feeding hungrily like hadn't fed him 10 times in the past 7 hours.

" oh babe, you should've woken me up " I felt as soft hand caress my cheek, and my eyes flung open, realising I must've fallen asleep whilst nursing. Travis was stood next to me, shooting me a sympathetic smile, I glanced at my phone, seeing it was now 8am and I froze, feeling completely empty as Jace had fallen asleep whilst breastfeeding. " here pass him over, we'll make some breakfast " Travis offered, gradually taking Jace off of me and laying him in his arms. I stretched, feeling a little bit more well rested, even if the chair in Jace's nursery wasn't the comfiest. I walked into our bedroom, pulling my hair into a messy bun on top of my head, and jumping into the shower. It was rare that I got to shower alone nowadays, so I took full advantage of the opportunity and savoured every moment of peace. Once I'd finished, I dried off and slipped myself into my robe, not worrying about my outfit for the day yet and I headed downstairs to the kitchen where I was met with a very adorable scene unfolding. Jace, snuggled up to Travis' chest in the baby carrier, his mouth opened as he slumbered peacefully, whilst Travis was plating up our breakfast, from what I could see was waffles and syrup.