EP 44 - Crumbling Tower

GLASS SHOES. 0

0-3 LOVE IS AROUND

EP 44

_ _ _

Let's assume that buffoon commits a full assault on Okkotsu Yuta, then what? Patrolling the 3rd floor of the building, his heart thumped with each heavy step he took. Even if they were sandals. Based on what his classmate's notified, he could deduce the location of only three opponents: none of which posed a threat to their victory. Honestly, he'd like to avoid a head on battle with Natsume and Hakari as much as possible, they couldn't risk a light gamble. From what he understood due to a singular collaboration, Hakari Kinji's cursed energy could increase tremendously by chance. And for his former classmate? She was a deck of buffs and debuffs. He couldn't carelessly play like them.

There's just... clack!

His balance shifted at the sudden presence which loomed above the floors. It was a creepy sensation with potency, as if crawling out to smash his face in gravel: mortar style. His senior would have to deal with the situation, dashing towards a different area of the building with his bow. 'I'll strike them down from a distance then.'

Crackling brittle wood, the familiar white fabric hitched his breathe as he heard: "Rika, let's meet up with Hakari-senpai in a few moments!"

"Oooh!" The currently sunglasses wearing man (and not eye bandaged) commented towards the screen. "Isn't this one of the match ups you wanted, Yuri-chan?" Just to receive silence from the concentrated girl.

_ _ _

"I'll revoke your access to our Takada-chan funds if you keep screwing around like this," tying up her hair as she glared towards him.

"That's just cruel, Tamin."

"As the one who introduced you to her, I have the right," she gritted her teeth before an elaborate entanglement of missed punches and knee jabs graced their surrounding trees. It would take years for this plot of land to recover. 'Just out of pettiness, I'll do the same,' retaining her cold faced expression.

"Have there been any improvements to Natsume's control of cursed energy?" Utahime wondered out loud, focusing on the screens clustered in to the right.

With a feint aimed at his left, he quickly dodged only to be pinned to the ground "What is Takada-chan's favourite manga series?" His heart pounded explosively from the situation as his eyes met her stern gaze. "No multiple choice," she began to count down for 5 seconds.

Inside his head, with rose-tinted cherry blossoms fluttering into the classroom one evening, he noticed her. The love of his life was hunched at her desk. Her caramel eyes were intensely caught in the grips of a shoujo magazine. "Hana Yori Dango."

"Wrong," she jabbed him before aiming another blow. "It was Skip Beat."

'Focus.'

"Your technique shouldn't be the reason you have bad teamwork with the others," she reminded the older girl who had just finished prepping the batter.

"How else do you expect me to use my technique? I can't change the rules for each person," grabbing the washed and dried wok(?) to put on the stove. She's making prawn fritters.

"Then don't."

"You'll never get anywhere with only a technique. Your understanding and use of self, and others... that's key to surviving in this world."

'She's only reinforcing herself with cursed energy?' While not impressive in it's own right—as a basic practice amongst any sorcerer—it becomes more impressive with the footpaths they left behind.