EP 20 - Splatter and Shatter

HERE WE ARE. 1

1-2 FLOWER GARDEN

EP 20

_ _ _

On the (Hikari) Shinkansen, clenching fists tight onto the fabric of his uniform, Kamo Noritoshi had just finished his mission with the rest of his classmates. Their supervisor, Iori Utahime, had promptly sent over his classmate (Todo) and a junior to board earlier due to the situation at Shibuya raising concerns. Apparently Gojo Satoru has been sealed by whoever orchestrated the intrusion during the last Goodwill Event.

Nothing in regards to Yuri, he's been told that she also followed the strongest sorcerer... but her current whereabouts?

"There's still been no updates regarding her location or position," the white-bowed 31 year old told him for the 5th time on the bullet train ride. "I promise, I'll keep you updated regarding her," she added before sighing, "the curtains this time around don't allow phone reception either and according to Shoko most of the managers have been taken down." He slightly nodded, watching the outside. Although, his face didn't show it, his twiddling thumbs did.

The likelihood of the brunette losing against a stranger felt far-fetched for him. For anyone even. Although, her glaring weakness currently was the lock and vow upon her usage, that shouldn't be necessary if they were on the assumption of before she made that...

He paled.

She violated the vow at a time like this.

He felt like an idiot for even allowing it to occur, massaging his temple to ease himself.

Assuming this occurred, one query surfaced:

Who in the entire world managed to wear her down to the point she slept? Unless you knew her entire skillset in complete detail (which only he did himself), it is utterly unfeasible to make her pull something that stupid. She'd need more than 50 cans of the strongest damn alcohol to be anywhere close to what he imagined in his mind.

Regret dripped in these train carriages of thought.

_ _ _

It's 11:05pm on October 31st.

Fushiguro Megumi, after opening a small hole within the special-grade octopus-looking cursed spirit's domain expansion with his own unfinished version in order to help the 3 sorcerers within escape just moments ago, was now trudging away from that same clown handy sword wielding piece of shit who was strangled barely an hour ago.

With an open chest wound, he pressed his hands onto the area in attempts to decrease his blood loss as his vision was an absolute mess. As his legs dropped him onto the stripes of the Shibuya Crossing.

"See?"

Out of his mind and optimism, he began to explain something that would be pointless if he was aiming to acquire it: an exorcism through the Ten Shadows. Each user of this inherited cursed technique begins their 'shikigami acquisition journey' with the two Divine Dogs and overtime, they can acquire the other shikigami by slaying them through these. "The thing is," he added in attempts to stand back on his feet, "you can exorcise a shikigami with multiple people." At a cost: Acquisition of the slain becomes null. Hence in the inherited manual he received from the Zenin's, it was useless to commit it with multiple people. He knows from experience.

"It still invalidated the thing still?" Disappointment was present in her voice, as she walked over towards his bruised self. "I wasn't even within the boundaries of the barrier this time," she uttered. "You really just have to train yourself, Megumi. I can't give you any stat boosts."