In Every Division

Nolan:

I needed to head out. I needed to go somewhere to think about things. What the fuck just happened?

Nothing felt normal at all. Hell, I didn't even feel anything, which is weird.

I really doubt that's how a kiss should feel, and judging by Kiev's face, I can assume that it was good at all.

Awkwardness was all I remembered as he moved away from my lips. My mouth was dry, even though I touched his.

It's like one of those paranormal shitshows I watched back then, but somehow they managed to pull me into that fantasy as well.

I already mentioned to Nina that I would take my break since it was lunch anyway, and I haven't tried returning in a hot hour.

I'm sitting alone at a bench by the park, wondering, and nonetheless exhausted. I'll just wait until Kiev's classes are over so I can talk to him again, settling all of this.

It's better than continuing to lie, plus, I'm not really looking forward to anything happening more after that. I was even shocked when he asked me for a kiss. I mean, what for?

My mind is still in bundles as I close my eyes, away from all this mess. Away from Kiev and everything more.

Yet as I do, I'm transported to some other place again. It just won't stop.

I guess we're here again.

I said to myself as I looked around this shredded mess.

All the places that I have been to aren't that hard to make sense of anymore, especially when I'm entranced to all these dimensions after sleep.

They keep spiraling around me while I'm just there, watching whatever my mind replays in front of me.

Now, however, I can't see anything familiar.

Literally nothing.

No figure, no signs, and no voices, yet I can tell I'm in the dead with how creepy I feel behind all this darkness.

Run.

I didn't even bother walking because somehow none of this led to answers but rather to more confusion.

It's the first time I've really seen anything like this. I don't know where my feet are taking me, and somehow I'm responsible beyond control.

I'm sure there's something here that'll tell me my purpose. Not just entire blankness.

God. This isn't even called spectating at this point, yet—

"Don't go."

A childish voice bewilders my ears as I come to a halt, making sense of where it could be coming from.

There was silence before another noise disrupted my pleading curiosity, yet it wasn't in the same whisper.

"I need to."

Shit. I can easily recognize that voice anywhere. It's the same voice that drew me into delusion when I was sight-seeing in a scene of spectating: the person across from me on the table.

It was my father.

I continued to run further and further as the voices became clearer and clearer. And finally, I see them. However, it's not just a child and my father, but rather my whole clan in the spectating world, seemingly watching him go.

I want to know what is happening. "Time to say goodbye, Nolan," my aunt says.

Nolan? So, does that mean...