285 | Cursed Love

♠︎

BROTHERHOOD BATTLE, A BATTLE that will officially begin only when a brotherhood pulls another group's flag down to declare war against them. This has been a well-known practice for years, but for the House of Bishops, this was an entirely new concept.

     There weren't any clear rules. There weren't even any Battle Grounds or weapons stashed for each brotherhood to use. Nothing was ready, yet here they were, in the atrium, standing in the middle of a sea of white uniforms who weren't even making a single sound; completely different from the usual riots in J.S High's battles.

     "What the fuck is going on?" Keigo nervously asks while staring back and forth at PHD and Checkmates on two opposite sides of the atrium, staring at each other like they were ready to kill.

     The Saints were huddled up together, discussing how this would even work. The Alpha Society and the Beta Society, who haven't had any significant role in their school life besides boasting their club title, were scrambling around like rats.

     Nothing was running smoothly. If the other houses saw them now, they would become instant laughingstocks.

     "We have to stop this battle," Vice President Leviathan Dubois practically begs the other members of the Saints who didn't know what to do with the situation either. "We're not equipped yet. The brotherhoods have no official clearance for their weapons, and we don't even have battle grounds! We have to postpone the battle for now. It's the only option."

     "We can't," President Justice Thorndyke replies. "Mr. Xian Chu already announced it. Anyone who opposes will be sent for deliberation. Uchdryd declared war. This battle must happen whether we like it or not."

     Levi curses under his breath before turning to Joon and Uchdryd who are staring back at each other in anger and irritation. It was never revealed until earlier, but Levi always knew that Uchdryd held a grudge against Joon. Uchdryd wanted to get an invite to the banquet, but Levi received one instead. Levi couldn't complete his trials, so he was forced to transfer schools, making Uchdryd follow him there even when he didn't want to.

     Uchdryd once mentioned that the only reason why he was in the House of Bishops was because of Levi. Levi always knew that Uchdryd's dream was to lead Checkmate in J.S High. He wanted to reach the top, just like C1A did, but that crumbled down when Levi got transferred.

     Like what the vice president said to Joon, they will forever be chained by the people they love. Joon will never be able to run away from Viktor, just like how Levi won't be able to leave Uchdryd. But what others might not understand is that this also goes both ways. Viktor will never be able to let go of Joon's leash, and Uchdryd...will forever be bound by his guilt with Levi, so like a curse, he could never walk away from him.

     Levi knows that Uchdryd cares for him, but deep down he also knows that there is anger in his eyes, anger by the fact that he can't be more than what he is as long as Levi is alive.

     "President Justice," a member of the Alpha Society called out, running towards the members of Saints while holding his rapidly beating chest. "We were able to talk to Mother Margaret. We asked her about the battle like you instructed."

     "And what did she say?" The Saints' Secretary, Perseus Odair, asks.

     "She said to proceed with the battle," the Alpha reveals, making the council groan in frustration. "But she also said that there is someone here who might be able to help."

     "Someone who can help?" Justice confusingly asks, turning to look at Levi since he was a student of J.S High before, a house where the first battle was created. "Levi, during the first brotherhood battle, what did the Elites do?"