295 | Determination

♠︎

[A FEW DAYS AGO, at the Greenhouse]

"Please tell me there's a valid reason why we had to meet up like this again like we're some kind of stupid book club," the baron, Krist Hyusen, complained as soon as he entered BND's base. The members of Boys Next Door were already there, as well as CJ and Siren who were surprisingly calmly talking to each other. 

     Krist ignores everyone glaring at him for being late before grabbing a seat beside the Count, pulling a lollipop out from his pocket, and sucking on it like a kid.

     "You really love making me wait, don't you, Master Joker?" CJ says, snatching the lollipop from Krist's mouth before putting the sweet candy inside his own mouth. Krist was about to complain, but Hans cleared his throat and stood from his seat, finally facing everyone who instantly shifted their attention to him.

     "Well, looks like everyone's finally here," Hans said, looking at Krist who could only shrug his shoulder. "I'm not a big fan of meeting up like this either, but we have a serious matter to talk about today."

     "What serious matter is there other than the fact Bishop Lucas Ivory and Klyde Von Hatzfelt got shot just a couple of days apart from each other?" CJ commented.

     "The killers are likely connected," River then added.

     "Okay, I know you're all eager to discuss this matter but my brotherhood and I agreed to talk about this when Max returns. Talking about this now won't do us any good," Hans explained, making the rest of the princes agree.

     "We have to know more about this from Max himself," Redford Monsour said next. "If possible, we want to know what Klyde revealed to him before he got shot. River told us that after Max and Klyde's conversation with each other ended, something happened to Max. Whatever Klyde said, it triggered Max's memory."

     "And we all know that Max's memory holds a big influence in the mysteries we're facing now," Arjun–BND's second strongest– continued while looking at Marcus who seemed to be worried about everything that's been happening recently. Marcus will forever be guilty of drugging Max so they can continue to suppress his memory. But it's also a fact that Max was one of the people who desperately wanted to keep his memories locked up, so whatever it was that Max found out, it was dangerous enough to forget.

     "That kid's been through a lot," Krist stated, showing sympathy for a quick second before CJ shoved the lollipop inside his mouth again, almost making the master joker choke.

     "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" Krist shouted, reaching out to strangle the count who couldn't help but laugh. But as the two were arguing, Hans slammed his hand on the table, automatically making them stop fighting again.

     "Okay, let's just proceed with the topic at hand so we can all go our separate ways," Hans said as he looked back at the leaders. "Max will be returning from St. George Academy after one month, and as we all know, he is now a member of the Elites. It's just not announced yet. His achievement in that school is no doubt impressive, but some white uniforms might say otherwise."

     "That's true," CJ agreed. "One of my lighters reported that some of the students think Max became soft after seeing him get beaten up in the house of bishops. If it's announced that he's now the School Representative, his impact on the students might not be as big as we expected. The White Uniforms here don't want a council member who got publically humiliated in a lower house."

     "Oh please, nothing is ever enough for those white uniforms," Krist complained, finally biting the lollipop and crushing it with his teeth before throwing the stick toward CJ. "What's important is Max is now an Elite and is only a couple of steps away from being the president."