288 | Give Up

♠︎

FOUR DAYS HAVE PASSED, and everyone has been holding their breaths, waiting for something big to happen before the exchange program ends. The brotherhoods have been quiet, still cautious of Hedeon's threat as they tried to look for the third suspect so they could save their asses. While the white uniforms, still ignorant of everything that had happened so far, continued their lives as normal.

     A day passed since the banners at the dining hall were covered in flames, but the House of bishops felt like it was stuck in time. St. George Academy became a regular school that everyone dreamt of having. The days were slow, which could be the reason why they weren't even able to notice that four days had passed, and now, the representatives only had a day left before they returned to their original schools.

    Everyone was in disbelief. The Exchange Program that they once anticipated was finally coming to an end. Every representative was returning to their houses, carrying the lessons they learned in the schools they stayed in. They carefully planned their remaining days to not waste even a second. But as for Max, J.S High''s very own representative, he was able to do absolutely...

     Nothing.

     "Serfs, attention, please!" Stefan shouted while the Serfs Division was having dinner at their dorm's cafeteria. When all the white uniforms stopped what they were doing so they could listen to him Stefan continued, "As you all know, Max will be returning to J.S High tomorrow. I know, that during his first appearance, we were a bit hostile towards him. Well, it was mostly me, though, but you get the point," Stefan then admits, making the others laugh.

     "We thought he was just all talk. But after an entire month of getting to know him better, we have come to realize that Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire is a leader for not just gaffers but for dwellers and serfs too. So everyone, lift your drinks up, and let's give a toast to Max, J.S High's future president!"

     "To Max!" the serfs shouted, raising their cups and cans, cheering as Max was laughing with his friends, embarrassed that the serfs already recognized him as the Elites' president when he's only ranked 5.

     It's been so long since Max first came to this house. He was practically abused and humiliated. He thought the House of Bishops was different, but he was wrong. And then there was the unfair treatment of the lower divisions that finally made Max realize that he had to do something about this house, even if it meant he had to postpone his real mission regarding PHD. He helped raise the Serfs' flag, challenged their system, created chaos, exposed the Ministry of their exploitation, and finally influenced the students to vote for the implementation of the White Uniform Protection Code. Max did all this...in a span of one month.

     If other people hear of this achievement, they might not even believe it. It was that remarkable.

     "M-Max, I don't know how to repay you, but once I become a g-great inventor, I'm gonna create the most indestructible security system man has ever seen. I'm gonna offer it to your company with a...HUGE discount. I promise you that," Xander says, tears streaming down his eyes as he chugged another can of beer that Vesper stole from who knows where.

    "Huge discount? You're not gonna offer it for free?" Keigo jokingly asks, taking a sip of his drink too. "Well, if I become the greatest programmer in the world, I'm gonna create a program for Max's company where all their gadgets, even internet and personal data are tracked so no one can scam or betray him," Keigo boasts next.

     "That's freakin' scary, man," Stefan comments, and Max laughs before reaching out to pat Keigo and Xander's heads, making them blush.

     "Please take care of me in the future too," Max tells them, and the two instantly nod their heads in agreement.