297 | Sold

♠︎

KIM HEE-JOON WAS standing in the middle, his heart pounding as he stared at Max, unable to say anything. He didn't know if he was flustered, or if he felt humiliated or angry. No one else has spoken to him like that before. Only Viktor and Max have ever spoken to him like that. 

     "Well then," Max says, clearing his throat and removing his peak cap, and then brushing his hair back with his fingers before turning to look at the leaders again. "Gentlemen, any volunteers?"

     Everyone in the greenhouse was quiet, still a bit dumbfounded by how Max answered Joon like that. But as the others turned to look at each other, CJ suddenly raised his hand, not even surprising the rest of the black uniforms.

     "CJ?" Max asks, gesturing for him to speak.

     CJ finishes his cigarette and throws it on the floor before stepping on it, making Hans and the rest of the members of BND look at him with annoyance. But CJ ignores their deadly glares as he walks up to Kim Hee-joon, staring him down like he always does to people. He circles him, looking at him from head to toe like he's some kind of item he's interested in buying.

     "You Royals have always acted so high and mighty, but let me remind you again that I created the concepts of underlings, so my standards are pretty high," CJ says, stopping in front of Kim Hee-joon and looking straight at his eyes, not showing an ounce of hesitation or fear like the count that he is. "You're going to be useful, and having you as my underling will no doubt give me power over Busters. I also have so many ways to make that...hard...ice of yours, melt. Doesn't that sound exciting?" CJ taunts, reaching out to touch Joon's cheek but stopping just when his fingers are only inches away from his skin.

     "So? Not even gonna say anything anymore? Cat got your tongue? Looks like little Maxy is a really good tamer after all," CJ adds, laughing at his joke before looking back at Master Joker who was getting impatient.

     "Sorry, let me just get to the point," the count finally says, facing Max this time. "I would love to make Kim Hee-joon as my Lighter...but..."

     "But?" Max confusingly asks as CJ walks up to Krist, watching as the count drapes his arm around the baron.

     "But I made an agreement with MJ earlier. So, as much as I want to take that ice prince–"

     "I'm taking him as my underling," Krist finishes, surprising everyone in the greenhouse because Krist was the last one they expected to want Joon as his underling. "Until his case is solved, he'll serve under me as a Jack. He's mine for the time being."

     "Why? What's your reason?" Hans asks the question everyone is dying to ask too.

     Master Joker pushes CJ's arm away from his shoulder and walks up to Joon, facing the prince who didn't seem too pleased with the decision. So when Krist saw Joon's expression, he couldn't help but grin. "Reason? Well, I just want to see how well you do under the brotherhood you looked down on so much. Isn't that enough reason?"

     Joon looks at Krist with his piercing gaze but decides not to say anything, so Master Joker snaps his fingers, and Brave automatically walks up to him, holding a small Jack-in-a-box and showing it to his leader. Krist opens it, revealing a bronze brooch that every student in J.S High is familiar with. Without any more complaints, he takes the brooch and puts it on Joon's collar, the image of their brotherhood logo on the prince's uniform instantly making Krist laugh in delight.

     "Oh how I longed for this day to come," Krist says.

     "I'm so jealous," CJ complains, but Anthony is already pulling him out of the greenhouse as he tells everyone, "Looks like the ceremony is over. There's no reason to stick around anymore so we'll head to the Great Hall first. I'm already fucking starving."