Chapter 4: The Festival of Fools

After Frollo met up with his new Captain of the Guards, Phoebus, he introduced him to O/C and they left to go attend the Festival of Fools as soon as they heard the trumpets sound.

Meanwhile, Quasimodo was climbing down the side of the cathedral.  He wandered into the crowd, as an oncoming group of people began to sing, "Topsy Turvey."

He was trying to work his way through the crowd, but he couldn't escape Clopin, who seemed to be singing to and was following him at the same time.

Quasimodo tried to hide from the gypsy king, but he was shoved away by some moving dancers through a curtain and came crashing into the dressing tent of Emerald, the main dancer for the festival.

He was a very handsome young man with short black wavy hair, along with a pink scarf tied around his forehead and also spoke with a thick Romanian accent.  His most striking feature was his stark vivid green eyes.

"Woah!  Are you all right there, bud?" he asked, as he wrapped himself up in a robe that was hanging on the room divider.

"I didn't mean to...I'm sorry," Quasimodo replied.

"You're not hurt are you, bud?  Here, here, let's see," the gypsy man asked as he made his way towards him.

"No, no, no!" he pleaded.

Emerald tried to pull the hood away from face, but Quasimodo was unsuccessful at stopping him.  Djali, his pet goat, upon seeing his face, sneered.  The gypsy man didn't even flinch.

  The gypsy man didn't even flinch

"There.  See, no harm done.  Just try to be a little more careful next time alright, bud?"

"I--I--I will," he said, as he started to leave.

"By the way, great mask you got there!"  As Quasimodo exited, the celebration continued outside.

As Frollo, Phoebus, O/C, and the guards entered the scene, Clopin jumped onstage to present Emerald.