Chapter 6: Siblings Reunite

Without saying anything to O/C, Quasimodo walked towards the bell tower, still feeling completely humiliated by what happened at the festival.  She wanted to follow him, but decided to let him recover from the incident.

Meanwhile, outside the cathedral, there was a search party for Emerald.  He and Djali, however, were in disguise as an old man.

Phoebus, however, noticed and wondered whether or not it could had been him.  He decided to follow him inside, but did not inform the guards.

Inside the cathedral, Emerald took off his disguise, noticed O/C from a distance, and decided to approached her.  Hearing footsteps behind her she quickly turned around in fear, thinking that it was Frollo.

"Oh!  Hello, I'm O/C.  It's nice to meet you officially...by the way," she introduced herself, initially in fear, but then spoke in relief as soon as she realized it was only the gypsy man and his pet goat.

"That's a beautiful name!  I'm Emerald," he introduced himself in a romantic tone of voice, while moving his eyebrows, as if he were flirting with her.  "And this here is my best bud, Djali," he looked down at his goat standing next to him.  He then looked around the great hall of the cathedral.

"Isn't this place amazing?" he asked in awe.

"Quite," she replied, trying to relate.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, you're the judge's daughter!  You must come here all the time!" he remarked in realization.

"He's not my real father, he found me abandoned as an infant, right outside this very cathedral actually, and decided to raise me as his own," she told him.

"I'm sorry to hear that," he remarked.

"That's quite alright, it happened a long time ago.  But anyways, I came here all the time as a child," she told him, changing the subject.  "I'm very used to it.  However, it seems that it has become smaller the older I've gotten.  I guess that's what happens when you grow up and get older," she shrugged with a small smile.

"Yeah," he replied, also with a shrugged and small smile.  "I know the feeling."

Then they stared at each other for a moment, and started to lean in to kiss, but the gypsy man suddenly pushed someone to the marble tile floor that came up behind them both.  O/C was quite startled and taken aback by this.  It was Phoebus.

"You!" he sneered, while holding him in the same spot with the tip of his sword at his chin.

"Easy, easy--I just shaved this morning," he told him.

"Oh, really?   You missed a spot!" he sneered again.

"All right, all right.  Just calm down.  Just give me a chance to apologize," he pleaded casually.

"For what?" O/C inquired.

As Emerald let down his guard for a split second, Phoebus quickly grabbed the sword from him hands and turned it on the two.